Chapter 26

We got in Arjun's car. Shan Shan was just so quiet. But Alicia was blabbering and trying to run. She went so crazy. So I sat behind with Alicia and I made Shan Shan sit in the passenger seat. Arjun started the car and we were on our way to the dorm. After ten minutes of silence and amidst Alicia's whispered blabbering I heard him talk.

   "The treat was good". I heard him say.

  "Uh. Thank you". I said. "I thought you wouldn't come". I stated.

   "Why would you think like that?". He questioned me. I felt his stare and I looked up to see in the rear view mirror. But he wasn't staring at me but his look was directed towards Alicia.

   I just stammered. "I..I thought you were busy. I heard you had problems with other industry or something". I said.

   "No. It's taken care of. When my whole office is here. Why wouldn't I join?". He muttered taking a turn. We reached our dorm.

   I didn't respond. Once we were at the gate I started unbuckling Alicia and opened the door. "That was a good speech". He stated opening his door too. For a second I don't know what he was referring to. I just stared at him.

   "How you responded to Alok. It was very good. Getting to the point in a very different way and making him think". He said getting out opening Alicia's door.

   I got out, opened Shan Shan's door and unbuckled her seat belt. Then I replied. "I suppose it didn't make only him to think". I grin. I pull her and make her stand beside me.

    He chuckled. I've never heard him laugh or even truly smile. I liked that sound. He made Alicia get out. I just had a blurry thought but the fast it popped the fast it faded.

   He made Alicia walk towards me and nearly made her stand near me and I took hold of her too. "Do you want someone to help you? Shall I call the in charge?".

  "No I can take care. Thank you si.. uh.. Arjun" I say. He smiles.

   "Good night. Enjoy your weekend". He says and closes the doors and moves towards the driver's side.

   I too move towards the gate. I can feel his gaze behind my back. I don't say anything. But when the watchman opens the gate and we enter in I shout over my shoulders. "Eavesdropping is a criminal offense don't you do that again!. And good night to you too!". I say and literally run in with the girls on either side. I heard his laughter and then car groaning and fading away.

   "That was a one good night..!" I mutter to myself and get in. I felt happy.