Chapter 13

I've lived without my parents shadow for years. But it's just a days distance. When I want to, I take a bus and head home straight, be with them as long as I want.

   But this time it's different. I'm leaving my parents back home and going to work in another country. That too unknown, because whatever we saw was just a palette but the true colors of a place is only known when you are painted with it. I'm gonna be on my own without family and friends.

But who wouldn't, if you get a pay of quarter million. That's right. Two and a half lakhs. Fashion is a business where money is never inadequate.

"Take care of your health. Eat well and don't starve to death if you are angry," my mom knows me too well. I don't eat if I'm really, really mad at someone. I just loose my appetite. "and don't you dare do drugs or try liquor." My mom says with a giggle. But seriously.

"Make us proud and keep up your name and dignity. Don't break our trusts. Take care". My father says with a very warning tone. He loves me.

My brother just gave me letter. I hugged both my parents and a small puff puff with my brother and turned to my mother's Xerox copy, my bestie Subhash.

"Be in touch fatty, take care and don't you dare get new besties. Coz I won't spare you. Have a safe trip. Call me anytime, I'll be there for you". He says with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Okie I will. And no one can replace you so don't you dare try to get a proxy for my position". I tease and start to move.

   Once I've boarded the plane I rethink of what had happened in the past couple of months. It's like one of my dreams which just got ignited in a rocketing speed but in the weird way.

   A lot of people were reasoned and pacified. My bestie Sarah nearly jumped out of happiness at the same time cried more than my parents and didn't even care to see me off when I leave. Her reason, it'll make her more pathetic. She says.

   A lot of Visa procedures which made me exhausted at the end of the day. Two to three times in the past one month I've spoken to Arjun and everything was so professional. I don't get those strange feelings anymore (I'm lying) coz I know there's nothing between us that will workout, except for my wildest dreams. But I don't have any. Maybe I do. Maybe I just don't know.

   But I spoke to Jenny a lot of times and we had this mail communication as well. We became so acquainted. And I spoke to a couple of staff as well for the accommodation procedures.

In about 5 hours, my life's gonna change upside down. I wish for the good. No, Best.