26: Royal Ball

"Kiss."

Kiss opened her eyes.

She gasped, sitting up. "Hoseok?"

Kiss pulled him into a tight embrace, close to tears. Just the feeling of his arms around her lifted her worries, and she wished that she could stay in his arms forever.

Hoseok was the first one to break the tight hold.

"Listen babe, I don't have much time," Hoseok panicked, sitting down next to her. Kiss wore a white dress, and Hoseok matched with a white suit of his own.

They were on the steps of Olympus. Everything looked brighter compared to the underworld, and Kiss felt at home. She missed Olympus dearly, and the thought of coming back home almost seemed unreal. Time seemed to move slower on Earth, as she felt like her quest had stretched for a thousand years.

"Kiss, I need you to listen to me," Hoseok begged. "Iris isn't allowed to do this, but she's doing it, and I need to make the most of the time I have left with you here."

She nodded.

"You have to make sure Yoongi doesn't die, okay? Don't let Jungkook kill him or Sasha," Hoseok explained quickly. "You can't let him win either. Do whatever you can to stop him from killing or winning."

"How-"

Hoseok shook his head. "Now is not the time to ask questions. I need you to remember this when you wake up."

The lump in her throat grew bigger.

"Remember not to eat or drink anything the underworld gives you. The candy Yoongi gave you is fine, but other than that, don't eat anything. Also, if you can, I need you to convince Hades to pick Yoongi when you're at the ball tonight."

"Ball?"

"Yes. Dance with Yoongi first, but then make sure Sasha has the second dance with him."

Hoseok held her face. "All of this is essential. You have to make it happen, okay?"

"Okay," Kiss whispered.

"Keep a watchful eye on Jungkook. He has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, and if you don't do what I'm telling your right now, everyone, and I mean everyone is going to die."

"Hoseok-"

"If Jungkook or any of the other brothers excluding Yoongi take the throne, war will rage between Olympus and the Underworld. They are too chaotic, Kiss. Everyone will die."

Kiss felt like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.

Hoseok gulped. "And don't get yourself killed."

"Why?"

He closed the space between their lips, only leaving a centimeter.

"Eros, if you died, I wouldn't be able to live without you," Hoseok murmured. "I-"

Hoseok closed the gap as he said his last words, but he disappeared before he could finish or meet Kiss' lips with his own.

He was gone.

"H-Hoseok?"

Instead of meeting the familiar chocolate eyes, Kiss' eyes met the white scenery.

"No!" Kiss screamed, tugging on her short hair. "Nononono! HOSEOK!"

Kiss found the nearest rock and threw it on the marble steps, shouting and raging till her voice and energy gave out.