22: Gosh I Hate You

"You don't remember?"

"What?"

Kiss just shook her head.

A new day came, and Hoseok had no memory of what happened.

"Today's Sunday, right?" Hope asked.

"Mhm."

After Kiss had told him to stop, Hoseok passed out. The mixture must have wore off, and the effects of her charm-speech probably overwhelmed him.

The sky was covered with clouds, indicating another chance of heavy snow. A small smile tugged at Kiss' lips when she thought about the chance of more snow.

Her expression dropped when she realized how happy she was.

Why was she all of a sudden so happy?

Kiss gritted her teeth once her thoughts had shifted to the cause.

How would she keep up her image if she all of a sudden became so happy?

Weak.

So fucking weak.

She clenched her fists, knuckles turning white. Kiss knew if she were to peruse Hoseok, her status as an Aphrodite descendant would drop significantly.

Why can't she just be with someone she loves?

Pushing the thought away before Hoseok could sense it, Kiss concentrated on the mixture in the pot. Her hands hovered over the paint like consistency, and the words flowed out of her mouth. Kiss closed her eyes as she casted the enchantment, feeling the energy in her body drain.

When she opened her eyes, the intoxicating icing was a bold red blob in front of her. She carefully moved the mixture into the empty lipstick tube, watching carefully as it filled and molded itself into the shape Kiss desired. Letting go of spell, Kiss relaxed her muscles and capped the newly formed lipstick.

With her sharp eyes, Kiss rolled the gold lipstick tube in her hands. Clasping her fingers around it, she tucked it safely in her purse.

Kiss just completed her quest.

She blinked twice one the thought registered in her brain.

"I just finished my quest..." Kiss whispered to herself, a little shocked.

Ready to clean up, Kiss was going to pick up the pot, but a piece of folded parchment laid inside. She tilted her head, curious. Her fingers met the old paper, and her eyes scanned the words once she unfolded it.

Hey, nice job kiddo! The pick up process has some problems right now, so we'll pick you up at the deadline.

p.s. just kiss him already ffs. The boy is begging to be kissed.

-H

Kiss snorted at Hermes' request. She tilted her head up and shouted:

"I'M NOT KISSING HIM ON EARTH, HERMES!"

Hoseok screamed at how loud Kiss was, dropping the plate in his hands. The dish shattered, breaking into a million pieces.

"Sheesh! I was putting away the dishes!" Hoseok muttered, fetching a broom and dustpan.

Kiss replied sarcastically, "Oops, my bad."

"Why did that remind me of Sasha?" Hoseok grinned, shaking his head.

Hesitating, Kiss remained silent before asking, "You know she's gone, right?"

"Yeah. I received a telegram from Iris."