Glass Cases and Kisses

Magsimula sa umpisa

"But nothing! It's guys night!" Michael declared. "We're going out tonight!"

"I can't!" Ashton snapped. "I need to get home!"

"Why? What's at home?" Calum asked, leaning forward.

"Nothing." Ashton said defensively.

"Then come on!" Michael grabbed Ashton's hand, making him drop the report.

"Wooo! Guys night!" Calum cheered as they walked into the night.

-

Luke looked down at his phone and sighed at the blank screen.

Ashton hadn't texted him like he had promised.

Luke glared. Must have forgotten about me, he thought.

He decided to head out to the bar.

Imagine his surprise when he saw Ashton there, drinking shots with a bunch of guys.

Luke gasped at the window.

"I can't believe that bastard got away from us again!" Michael exclaimed loudly.

"Yeah, he's such a cocky bastard that always slips through our fingers." Calum agreed.

Ashton shrugged. "He's just another piece of shit thief. Millions more where he came from. He's a nobody."

Luke ran off.

-

Ashton threw Michael's arm off his shoulders. "Seriously guys, no more shots. I'm the only sober one here." He had a sour taste in his mouth from saying those horrible things about his boyfriend. He just wanted to go home and hug Luke.

"We can fix that." Calum slurred. "Hey bartender, another round of shots!"

"No!" Ashton snapped. "No more! You guys know you're not even supposed to be drinking on a work night!"

His phone buzzed and he sighed when he saw it was the chief calling.

He took the call outside where it was slightly less quiet.

"Hello?"

"Irwin?"

"Yes Chief?"

"We got a break in at the museum."

Ashton's eyes widened. "The museum? Why? Do you know who?"

"No, but last night a shipment of Aztec diamonds were unloaded for the new exhibit. And now they're missing. I need your team down there pronto."

Pause. "What is that in the background? Are you guys at the bar?"

"Uh, no. Gotta go bye." He quickly hung up and ran inside.

Luke had never done something big like a museum before.

Ashton hurried. Something was wrong.

-

Luke flicked on his flashlight and walked down the dark hallways. The unfinished wing of the museum was creepy at this time of night.

He scanned the flashlight around until it landed on a glass case. The diamonds were spread out on display.

Luke rolled his eyes. "This is just too easy. It's like they want it to be stolen!"

He smashed the glass case with the flashlight and ducked as shards of glass flew everywhere.

He scooped up some of the tiny diamonds. They glittered in his hand. A single tear ran down his cheek.

"Luke."

Luke snapped his head up at the soft voice.

"Luke please, you've gone too far, put the diamonds down." Ashton begged.

"Put the gun down first." Luke whispered.

"Put the diamonds back. I can't hide from my team anymore." He burst into tears. "I can't do this anymore Luke. Please, just put the diamonds down."

Luke looked down at the tiny jewels. He clenched them into his fist.

"Luke!" Ashton cried. "What are you doing? Put them back!"

Luke looked up at him. He was shaking.

"Don't make me." Ashton whispered.

Luke stared at him. "Do it. I'm just a piece of shit robber anyways. Millions more of me out there."

Ashton gasped. "You heard that?"

"Or am I a nobody?" Luke snapped. "Can't tell which on hurts more coming from my ex boyfriend!"

"Luke, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean any of those words!" Ashton cried. "Please don't do this."

"Too late Ashton." Luke shouted. "We're done. You can shoot me now or wait for your team too, because I'm done!"

"Ash? You okay up there?" A voice called from downstairs.

Ashton didn't answer. He stared at Luke, tears falling to the floor.

"Ash? Ashton!"

Footsteps pounded up the stairs.

Luke and Ashton stared at each other. Luke still held the diamonds. Ashton held his gun.

"Hey you!" Michael shouted as he and Calum bursted through the door.

"Put the diamonds down now or I'll shoot." Calum said as he aimed his gun.

"Three," Michael said in warning.

Luke didn't move.

"Two!"

Ashton blinked, trying to hold back the flood of tears.

"One!"

Luke dropped the diamonds.

Michael ran up behind him and handcuffed Luke's hands behind his back.

"You're going to jail for a long time." He said as he led the robber away. Luke kept his eyes on Ashton as he was pushed outside.

Calum put his hand on Ashton's shoulder before following Michael out.

Ashton broke down in the silent room, finally lowering his gun.

~Ten years later~

Ashton waited outside the prison gates.

An alarm beeped a warning as they opened and a figure walked out.

"You got a lip piercing." Ashton said finally.

Luke brought his hand up to it. "Just a memento of my old ways."

"You've given up stealing?" Ashton asked.

"I have."

"I quit my job." Ashton said. "We can start over if you want." He stuck his hand out. "Hi, I'm Ashton."

Luke smiled. He stuck his hand out too.

"Hi, I'm Luke."

They embraced, holding each other tight.

"You waited for me?" Luke asked as they hugged.

"Of course!" Ashton said. "I wrote you a letter every day."

They held hands as they started walking home.

Luke squeezed his hand. "I can't wait to read them."

---------------------------------------------

I hope this was what u had in mind :) hope u like it and thanks for the idea! ❤