Chapter Two

July 25, 1345.
Radnor Forest,
North Walsham,
The Kingdom of Myknos.

Prince Nicolas Alexander Tutton

"Damn it!" Nicolas yelled in frustration.

'How could he have let that wench embarrass him like that?" He thought.

His men were too busy trying to help him to catch the bitch that had attacked him. He growled in frustration then softened his expression because it was not their fault in anyway.

They were already too weary from fighting the men who had ambushed them. He had ordered his men to capture at least one of them to interrogate but the annoying woman had killed them all.

'Damn her! Damn her to hell!' He thought.

"Sir Hunter." He called softly, "Status report."

The young knight was ghostly pale after watching his older brother die. He understood the boys' pain as he had been in the very same position not too long ago.

"Your highness," He said with a bow, "Sir's Henry, Castor and... Chris... Christopher are dead. Then about ten foot soldiers also. Sir Godfrey has a very deep cut on his thigh and Maypole doesn't think he'll make it."

"That will be all for now." He said waving the broken man away.

He saw his best friend and cousin, Prince Hayden, walk towards him smiling. The man never seemed to be serious about anything not even now when he had a deep wound on his arm and a cut on his face.

"My dear cousin." He said sitting on a stump, "I see you're still alive and kicking."

Nicolas could sense the mocking undertone in his voice and growled out a warning. He could never understand how a man two years senior to him at twenty-two could act so immature sometimes.

"Calm down cousin. I don't think I'm the one you should be showing your strength to." Hayden said again laughing. He knew that his cousin had been affected by the black haired beautys' attack, heck even he had not expected her to be so pretty.

"You know what you need right now?" He asked rhetorically, "Some wine and a good whore. Maybe a certain Lady that we will be seeing tonight would suffice. Don't you think?"

"You know I will never bed Lady Lisa. She is much too dumb for me." Nicolas replied shivering with disgust as he thought of the heiress of North Walsham's estate.

"Really? Too dumb? That has never stopped you before." Hayden replied.

"Well its stopping me now." He said.

"Think of her tits mate! They're like huge pillows." Hayden said with a dreamy look.

"I think you're in love brother." He replied with a smirk knowing that his cousin was not the type to fall in love with a woman that let him bed her without any effort on his part.

"You wound me cousin. You really do." Hayden replied with mock sadness, "But if there's anyone who is in love right now I'd say it's you."

"Love isn't for me mate. Women have lost the extra flavour they once had. They are way too easy." He said.

"You're a prince, soon to be king. Get used to it." Hayden replied.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't."

"Why is that dear cousin? Is it because of a certain raven haired lassie?" Hayden said with a devilish smirk, "Do you wish to marry her and have little black haired babies? Or should I say the red head I hear you've been running around with?"