Chapter Forty-Six

Just kidding!

That was definitely not the end.

Pardon me....

November 15, 1345.
Stormhold Castle,
The walled city of Rothwell,
Capital of Myknos.

Lady Odeya Katarina Black

The wedding banquet was unlike anything Odeya had ever experienced and she wondered how Nicolas and Alyn had planned it all without her sniffing it out.

They'd been driven back to the castle in one of the royal carriages that had been decorated with gold ribbons and flowers, her breathing leaving her further when she saw how they'd transformed the castle into something straight out of a fairytale.

She blushed when she remembered how Nicolas had barely been able to keep his hands to himself, whispering dirty threats into her ears that had her red all through the ride.

"I wonder if you flush just as beautifully everywhere." She remembered him say.

As her hair was restyled to have most of it run down her back, she bit her lip wondering whether it would be good with them on the marriage bed.

So far, Nicolas had gotten her more aroused than any boy she'd ever kissed even with just a word but she wondered whether her lack of experience would bore him.

He was no monk and he'd been previously entangled with a few court ladies.

She wondered if he'd grow bored of her quickly.

"Come, dear." Alyn's new Duenna, Miss Granbury, told her. "The guests are all waiting for their Queen."

Her heart beat a rapid rhythm as she was reminded that by her marriage to Nicolas, she was not just handed his heart but his entire kingdom too.

Many of the council lords had already expressed their distaste in her because of the traitors blood running in her veins and even though Nicolas had challenged them by bringing up their cowardice where she'd led the battle charge, she wondered if the people would feel much the same.

She felt a hand grip hers softly, pulling her out of her dark thoughts.

"A ducat for your thoughts?" Nicolas smiled at her.

She giggled, squeezing his hand softly.

"Those are some really expensive thoughts." She joked.

"You're worth it."

She smiled at the fierceness in his voice and leaned in to kiss his worry away, surprised and ecstatic she could finally do that any time she wanted.

This beautiful beautiful man was now hers.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked with a frown.

"I'm just so happy." She answered truthfully.

His smile was slow to grow but soon beamed sure then he pulled her in for a kiss that sent hot flashes of desire down to her toes.

Their guests whistled and hooted at their display of affection, yelling suggestions that had her burying her face in his chest.

She felt his laugh boom through his chest and his heart pounding a quick rhythm matched hers.

"Thank you all for your noble suggestions." Nicolas announced, raising a goblet to them and rising from his seat. "I think I'll put them to good use now."

A hot blush speared its way through her but she barely had a second to scold him when he, like the brute he was, threw her over his shoulder and carried her to his chamber.

He winced when he put her down, rubbing his thighs through his breeches.

"You deserve that and more behaving like a cad." She teased slapping his hand away. "Let me see."

He winced when her hands touched a sore spot and she lingered there till he threw his head back, groaning.

She blushed again even though it wasn't supposed to be intimate.

"I thank you."

She nodded unsure of what to say or do, instead she busied herself looking about his chambers even though she'd been there quite a number of times.

"Odeya."

Her name whispered so close to her ear stilled her as she hadn't heard him move.

His hands came about her waist as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Nico." She answered intertwining their fingers where it lay across her belly.

"You seem nervous." He stated, nipping her shoulder gently, sending molten heat straight to her core. "Why?"

Damn the cad.

He knew what he was doing.

His voice sounded serious, like the one he used to address his subjects and nothing like the seduction he was playing on her with his lips and teeth.

"You know why." She growled when he nipped her at that sweet point between neck and shoulder.

"I'm afraid not, dear wife." He chuckled darkly. "Perhaps if you let me know, I could help calm your nerves."

He'd said it in such a decadent tone, warm breath tickling her ear that she couldn't stand it any longer.

She turned to face him, folding her hands across her chest and frowning at him.

"Have I upset you, wife?" He laughed, kissing her softly.

She didn't answer him, keeping the frown on her face.

She didn't like how she didn't know what to do to please him or at least begin their consummation of their marriage but she'd be damned if she confessed that to him.

She didn't want him seeing her as an innocent maiden he should take time with especially not after he'd stoked her fires so hot.

"Talk to me, wife." He teased pulling her closer to him, so close she could feel the press of his arousal on her belly. "How can I ease your discomfort?"

"I'd thank you, first of all, to stop playing with me." She growled trying but failing to push him away.

His arms were like steel cages around her, if steel cages burned this hot.

His head beat an unsteady rhythm beneath her hands, his breath hitching in his chest as her hands trailed lower to the core of him.

"Odeya." He hissed as her fingers circled him.

"Yes, husband?" She teased coyly. "You seem a little..." She squeezed him, satisfied at the groan that escaped him. "uncomfortable. How can I ease your discomfort?"

"Wench." He groaned pulling her up to him in one quick motion that she had to wrap her legs around his waist for support, his arousal pressing hotly at the place she burned most.

She couldn't hide the whimper that escaped her.

"You seem more uncomfortable than I, wife." He growled, grinding his hips into hers. "Tell me what you want."

His voice was strained like he was in pain and she almost asked him but seeing the intensity of lust burning in his gaze, she knew it was a different sort of pain he felt.

Tired of this game, she buried her hands in hair.

"Take me to bed, husband."

Arrrgh😍😍😍

I feel so single but so satisfied.

Here's the chapter before the final and then we'll say goodbye to Odeya and Nicolas.

I hope you had fun reading it