Chapter Thirteen

Great tip: listen to Niall Horan's everything comes back to you or Chris Brown's Lady in a Glass dress as you read this chapter.

Big thanks to @4larkeh for your votes and everything. You inspire me and to everyone who votes and reads thank you so much.

August 14, 1345.
Stormhold Castle,
The walled city of Rothwell,
Capital of Myknos.

Lady Odeya Katarina Black

Odeya awoke to the sounds of someone snoring lightly beside her. She looked to see a head of blonde hair lying a little too close to her face.

She recalled the previous nights events and wondered of she was really going to follow through with her plans.

A knock sounded on the door and she stood to let whoever was there into the room. She donned a robe just in case it was the Prince. He seemed to meet her only when she wasn't properly dressed.

Lo and behold, he stood there with an array of maids behind him bearing trays of food and basins of water. She stood aside to let him in and all the while the other maids worked, there was only silence between them.

He refused to meet her gaze but stared intently out the window, not really seeing anything but contemplating things in his head. She took advantage of his lack of attention and stared shamelessly at him, noting how his clothes fit snugly in the right places.

His biceps, which weren't so big to be called broguish, showed muscles that had been toned from years of sword practice and weight lifting.

He was more than she expected and she couldn't still decide if that was a bad thing or a good thing.

'Weren't all rich people fat and lazy?' She thought.

She had seen kings and lords alike, all rotumbent in the tummy area with terrible table manners and princes even more spoilt. She had hoped he would be one such man and not the god she saw before her.

Alyn was awake now and noticing the tension in the room, said nothing but went to wash her face and don a robe also, waiting to be invited to the table.

They ate in silence and only the shouts of men and music from the outdoor breakfast that permeated the air could be heard. Odeya felt pressured by the tension between them and she couldn't hold it in any longer.

"My name isn't Alicia." She said dropping her fork.

The siblings turned to look at her.

"My name is not Alicia." She repeated, "I am Odeya Katarina Black. Daughter to Sir Felfar Black of Bandos and Irinea Oishra of the Far Islands."

"Odeya." Alyn said her name.

Prince Nicolas stared at her as if processing her words before a look of recognition graced his features.