My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I didn't understand why my body was reacting this way. Maybe I was falling sick? I didn't know. I was scared to find out. My steps felt heavy as I rounded the corner of the hallway towards the dining room, my stomach twitched and I felt my ears prick up in an alert. My skin crawled with uncertainty and my wolf signalled her warning growl.

I knew that feeling, something was wrong, definitely wrong.

I hurriedly rushed to the dining room and thankfully sighed as nothing seemed out of place, I saw River sitting on a chair and his morning hair was on full display, his chest bare as he ate his bacon. He looked up at me, a twinkle in his eye and a smirk raised his lips as he stared at me. I took a step back, my eyebrows furrowing together as I knew all too well what that twinkle was. He knew something that I didn't, something like a prank or secret that was too good to keep to himself.

"River," I said warningly, eyeing him suspiciously when he gave me a cheeky grin in reply.

"Armelle," He mocked, and chuckled to himself before humming a song and it confirmed my suspicions. River never hums unless something was definitely wrong.

"Tell me what happened," I threatened, emphasizing every word as I slammed my hand onto the dining table, my tone low and body positioned to dominate over him. He looked up at me through his eyelashes, batting his eyes innocently and he shrugged as if something was going on around us.

"Why should I tell you?" He teased and slowly got up with his empty bowl in his hands. He walked to the kitchen with a jump in his step and I followed closely behind him, I footsteps loud and demanded to be heard. I had put my hand on his shoulder and turned him around, he looked at me innocently, and I growled lowly.

"River, I'm going to ask you again. What happened?" I questioned once more, each word angrier than the next and my hand tightened on his shoulder. River's face scrunched up in pain and nodded slowly, agreeing to tell me. I smirked victoriously and I dropped my hand as my foot tapped impatiently on the floor.

"Youshouldgooutsidetothegardenandaskedmother," he replied quickly before he dashed out of the room in werewolf speed and without another word, silence became my companion. I cursed him for leaving me with such a hurried answer, but I had picked up a few words and instantly ran out of the room and towards the garden.

And then, I smelt it.

I wasn't even near the doorway to the garden when the scent had hit me like a truck, my body instantly grew goosebumps and my breath was stolen from me. My stomach churned and my body itched to go closer, but I refrained myself from it. But the smell was intoxicating, the sweet scent of it managed to bring me to my knees as I leaned against the wall for support, my knees were weak as I inhaled and exhaled slowly.

Why was the heck he here?

Who let him out?

My mind was spitting out questions and I told myself to get a grip before a string of curses left my lips. One person came into my mind.

Mother

I gritted my teeth and slammed my palms against the wall, my mother had the nerve to bring that rogue into our house! Set him free as if he was like us! I wanted to move, but the scent was taking over my senses and I struggled to gather myself. I had to be strong. I had to.

Emerald called out to our mate, she wanted to wrap our arms around his body and hold him like he was a teddy bear. I mentally told her off. He was the enemy and the enemies had to stay in prison. When was she going to learn that?

Whilst I was cursing my mother and the moon goddess, I managed to bring myself up and slowly, with confidence and determination, walk down the hallway and finally opened the door where a stream of light greeted me. My eyes squinted to the light, it was bright and it was becoming the afternoon as I eyed the sun with hate. The cinnamon scent made my toes curl and I inhaled it deeply before standing up proudly and walked to where I heard murmurs.

I bit my lip as my hands curled into tight fists by my side before I turned around the corner and I saw my mother laughing, her hair dancing in the soft wind and a genuine smile embraced her lips. She looked beautiful as always and I would have acknowledged it she didn't commit the sin. My eyebrows furrowed and my cheeks were flushed as I saw who was sitting across from her.

Arsen, no surprise.

He was laughing softly with her before he caught a whiff of the air and his head turned ever so slowly and his beautiful eyes bore into mine.

I felt as if my breath was stolen for the second time.