Chapter 3: The First Day Part I

Start from the beginning

"To be honest, I don't know why I even try with that boy anymore. He never actually attends class. The only reason that he is here is because his mom... Oh never mind. Anyways, would it make more sense for you to be late to one class, to take the time to tour around campus, or be late to every class for a week trying to find your classes?"

"I guess the first one..." She replied shyly.

"Excellent." He clapped his hands together with excitement.

For the next 45 minutes, Bubba toured Fiona around the vast Vincent Academy Campus. Their last stop: The Library. Fiona gasped as he pushed open the enormous doors to reveal an expansive library, bigger than any one she had even seen before, even Prince Gumball's.

"The Vincent Memorial Library is one of the Crown Jewels of VA's campus. It is the third largest private library in existence. We have more original scripts than any other..."

"Scripts on what?" Fiona interrupted Bubba's tour, but she had to know.

"Well, everything..." He paused, and looked around to see if anyone was in earshot, but everything was silent, and the room empty.

"Some people even say that there are some ancient spell books that have the ability to take you to another world..." He whispered quickly in her ear.

Fiona's ears perked up.

"But that is only just urban myth." He continued.

Urban myth or not, Fiona was going to spend some time in this library checking it out. It was the first promise to a ticket home she had encountered while she had been stranded in this world, she couldn't just let it slip by her without trying something.

***

"Well here we are..."

Fiona and Bubba stood facing each other outside of her second period classroom.

"Thank you for your very informative tour. I think I will be able to navigate my way through these hallways better than most 4th year students."

Bubba blushed. She thought about how cute he looked. No Fiona, you can't do this to yourself, to him.

"Oh Fiona! Before I forget..." Bubba turned his head, and dug his phone out of his back pocket. She giggled. It was a cotton candy pink phone that almost matched the bubble gum color of his hair, and a pink and white cupcake with rainbow sprinkles as his phone charm.

"Could I have your number?" He bushed a deeper shade of pink. "Uh... I mean I will only use it to plan out our tutoring schedule, and contact you if it is academically related..."

"Of course." She was a little let down that he would only be texting her for 'strictly academically related purposes', but still at least she would have one number besides Cake in her contacts.

They exchanged phones, and put in their numbers.

"Oh Fiona, one more thing!"

"Yes?"

"Uh... well... I like to have pictures to correspond to the contacts in my phone, would you mind taking a... what do they call it... a... uh... 'selfie' if I am using the proper terminology.... with me." He gestured to himself.

Now it was her turn to blush. "Oh, well. Yeah. Okay." She had always made fun of LSP for posting so many 'selfies' back home in Aaaa, but she didn't mind taking one with Bubba.

"Great." He perked up.

He moved to stand next to her, and held the phone above their heads.

"You can move in a little closer ya know..." He mocked her. She straightened the white bow in her hair, and he flashed the phone his dazzling white grin. Right before the flash went off, he stretched out his arm, and pulled her into his chest.