Chapter 3: The First Day Part I

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, here comes Mr. Class President..." The dark haired boy muttered, and turned to make a quick escape.

"Oh no you don't Marshall, you get back here!" Bernabon grabbed Fiona's hand and pulled her along as he closed on on Marshall, bringing his escape attempt to a quick end.

"Oh and how are we today, Bubba?" Marshall turned around to face his foe, addressing him in a mockingly polite tone as he exaggerated a regal bow.

"First you are late for class, which is inexcusable for someone who has attended Vincent Academy as long as you have. Second, you are out of dress code." Bernabon pausing to take in Marshall's complete outfit, seeming to check off a mental list of all the dress code rules Marshall was breaking at the moment. "And third, you are harassing the new transfer student."

"Oh! So this is the much-talked about 'Transfer student'." Marshall emphasized the words 'transfer student' with interest, peering around Bernabon, and staring hungrily at Fiona. Almost as if she were a lobster in a small cage being displayed for his selection before being walked back into the kitchen to be cooked. She didn't like the way he looked at her. He glanced down at her left hand, which was still clasped in Bernabon's. He snickered at her, and she immediately dropped his hand. Bernabon looked back at her for a split second after she had released his hand. Did he look hurt? No, she was probably just imagining it. The bell rang, announcing the start of homeroom.

"Don't change the subject, Marshall." Bernabon continued. "As the new Class President, it is my duty to..."

"Alright, alright. I feel ya. I'll get to class." Marshall interrupted. As he turned his back to them, and began walking cooly down the hallway. "Bye Fiona, it really was fun meeting you!" He called and wiggled his fingers at her, then he shoved them back into his pockets.

Bernabon glared at him until Marshall turned, and disappeared down the hallway. He sighed, closed his eyes, and pinched the sides of his nose with his thumb, and pointer finger. "I really don't know what I am going to do with that boy..."

He opened his eyes and shot her one of his princely smiles. "Sorry about what he said. Most of us have gone to Vincent since we were in kindergarden, it is unusual when we get transfer students, so people have a tendency to gossip."

"Oh no man, I understand." Fiona shrugged, although she really didn't. She just said it to make him feel better.

"Come on, we better get you to class. Where is your homeroom?"

"Don't you know? You said it was on the other side of the building."

Bernabon blushed. "Oh yes, well... Like I said, we don't get transfer students, so I was interested in your schedule..." He paused. "I mean, I was interested in who your math teacher would be, because that can help me determine what you will most likely to need help with when we need meet for tutoring. Also, it is my duty as the Class President to take care of all my students." He continued hurriedly.

"Well that was very sweet of you, Bernabon."

"Oh please, call me Bubba."

"Oh, okay." She hesitated. "I didn't know if I could. I mean when that boy, Marshall called you by that name earlier, you seemed to be really upset."

"I only let friends call me Bubba. That boy is not a friend."

I'm considered Bernabon's friend... She thought excitedly.

"Hey, while I am here, would you like a quick tour of the campus?"

"Oh, well... I don't know. I mean I am already late to class... And won't I get into trouble like that other guy?"