chapter 24. my story

aleah brown pov.

I grabbed a coat and ran out of the house. I felt my heart thumping loudly with every step. My breathing was unsteady, and the alcohol in my system didn't help either. I could just taste the bitterness at roof of my mouth. My eyes painfully pictured Harry and Scarlet together, doing the most disgusting things. My heart screamed, "MORE ALCOHOL."

So I found myself driving to a nearby bar. I stumbled into the bar and asked for a shot of vodka. I drank and drank until the clock seemed to stop ticking and the man next to me looked too good for me not to kiss.

So I kissed him.

I wondered if this was what Harry felt. A bit guilty, but a little more excited. As the stranger's hands traveled up and down my side, his tongue skillfully moving inside of my mouth, I felt more and more upset. I couldn't pin point what I felt so upset about...until he pulled away and whispered, "let's go to my place," into my ear.

It didn't feel good. It was that simple. I desperately wanted to like kissing a stranger. I wanted to like doing what Harry did to me. But I just couldn't. There was a heaviness in my chest and an aching pain in my heart.

How could they possibly do that to me?

As I followed the man, my mind going at the speed of light, I kept thinking about what I was missing. This gorgeous stranger liked me, so why couldn't Harry? What did he see in my sister that I didn't have? 

A sudden pull brought me out of my trance.

"Sorry, but this is my girlfriend you're pushing into your car," Louis' familiar voice said behind me.

"Oh, um, sorry man," the stranger muttered before running to his car and driving away.

I turned around and watched Louis glare daggers at the car running away. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was that my heart was breaking, or that he just looked so much cuter underneath the lamppost, but I kissed him.

He stood frozen against my cold lips. And as I admitted my defeat and pulled away, his hand caught my lower back and pulled me in, closing the gap between our lips. I brought my arms around his neck and pulled him closer into me; as if we were magnets.

Once we pulled away for a breath of air, we rested our foreheads against each other; breathing in and out at the same moments. 

"Why did you kiss me?" he asked, his voice deep and his breath minty and slightly mixed with alcohol, which was probably from kissing me.

"Why did you kiss me back?" I smirked, watching the way his worried expression become darker.

"You're an engaged woman. I shouldn't have done that," Louis said as he let go of my body and pulled away. "I apologize and I will see you tomorrow at work."

And I stood there, watching his back walk away. I had stopped. I liked kissing him and he liked kissing me, but he and I both stopped. He was walking away because he knew it was wrong. I wondered what was so hard about stopping.  

Why hadn't Harry and Scarlet stopped? Why did they continue? Why couldn't they just kiss once and realize it was terribly wrong and just stop?

I asked those questions over and over in my head as I ran towards Louis. It wasn't fair. They must've known how broken I would've been if they found out. 

Did they think I wouldn't ever find out? Did they think I wouldn't care? Am I just an emotionless cold monster to them? 

I grabbed his cold hands and pulled him to meet my eyes. His wide eyes gave me sudden comfort and warmth, I felt the walls in my heart melt. My eyes started to sting and I felt a punch go right through my body.

I opened my mouth, hoping for some explanation of why I kissed Louis to come out of my mouth, but all that came out was a short exhale. I couldn't breathe and my lungs burned. My eyes burned. My heart broke. 

"Hold me," was all I could whisper out.

And he held me. I sobbed into his arms and felt weaker and weaker in his arms. I wondered just how many times he must've kissed her. How many times had he wanted her and not me? How many times had he wished he was with her and not me? How many times had they had sex?

I deserve better. I deserve happiness and love and a loyal partner. I deserve a loving sister and a sister that's supposed to not sleep with my fiance. I won't let my story end with me sobbing over a man that fell for my sister. I'd rather die than let some sick-minded God or whatever make my life into a living hell with only unfortunate things.

My story will end with my being the winner.

I will ruin their fucking lives.

~~

ok so that was the end of the chapter and I hope you guys like it! this is the first time writing from Aleah's perspective and I hope you guys don't think it's weird or bad... I will get back to Harry and Scarlet's story the next chapter:)

also do you guys ship Aleah and Louis orrrrr is that just me????

anyways, thanks for reading and don't forget to share, comment, or vote!