chapter 13. no strings attached

As I ran into him, my lips desperate to touch his, the sudden force pushed the two of us to the ground. It must've been amusing to see my small body on top of a giant man. His body froze underneath mine as I grabbed at the back of his neck and pulled harshly. With a surprised groan, I pressed my shaking lips against his. 

It tasted bitter.

I closed my eyes and slowly moved my lips against his frozen ones. But after a couple seconds of me pathetically urging him to fucking kiss me back, I felt his hand slither up my bare leg. My breath caught in my throat as his fingers played with the waistband of my underwear. I pulled away from the kiss, surprised at the sudden touch. My eyes took a second to look up and saw his dangerously darkened eyes, glowing with lust.

"Naughty, naughty," he whispered with a slight chuckle.

"Harry," I moaned out as he gently nibbled on my earlobe. I looked down and clenched my fist as guilt hurled up my throat.

"You think you can handle me?" he laughed into my ear. "You're just a kid, Scarlet."

"I can do it," I responded back, swallowing back the bile.

"You're my fiancee's sister, Scarlet," Harry muttered as he gently pushed me off of him. "And a minor at that. Have some respect for yourself."

As his words struck me, I felt anger and disgust erupt in my hot body. The coldness of the tile helped cool down my burning skin. I let my hair cover my eyes as I looked down. I couldn't dare to see Harry at this point. 

The worse part was that he was right. Who was I to kiss my sister's fiance? I didn't know if I could ever look Aleah in the face without wanting to punch myself over and over again. But a dangerous side, which was slowly becoming more and more distorted into a monster, couldn't let this chance go. A super-glue like obsession was starting to form between me and Harry. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to feel him. I wanted him to want me just as much as I wanted him.

"I want," I started to speak, my voice quiet and emotionless, "you."

I slowly looked up and saw Harry staring back at me with furrowed brows, as if he was analyzing the three words I just said. The air around us suffocated me and there must've been poison in it, for it burned my lungs every time I took a gulp of air.

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't know," I responded back as I slowly got up, my back against the wall.

Like that, we were against our own side of the room. Our backs were against two different walls. Our lives were in two different situations. The space between us was longer than the diameter of the sun. We stood on different planets. We controlled our own galaxies. But we were about to crash into each other.

"I know you love my sister," I said, my heart starting to beat rapidly as my hands grew sweatier. "But I also know that you're not satisfied in a way."

"How would you know?" Harry asked with a smirk.

"Just a hunch," I replied back.

"And you think you'll satisfy me?" Harry asked again, but this time, there was no emotion on his face.

"Maybe."

After hearing my answer, he took long strides towards me. My chest rose up and down as anticipation grew in my ribcage. Once he was a foot away from me, he stopped. His hooded eyes looked me up and down. I felt so fucking vulnerable underneath his heated gaze.

"What can you guarantee me if I kiss you right now?" Harry asked as he licked his lips. What a sinful man. My mind raced and my body felt as if it was on fire again. I ignored the guilt that threatened to show and ruin this moment.

"I won't fall for you," I answered back after my mind rushed to piece the words together. "No strings attached."

He let out a small smile, as if that was the answer he wanted. As if I was already inside his deadly trap. As if this was a game and I already lost the moment I told him I wanted him. He took another step towards me, closing up the tight space between us. He rose him right hand and gently placed it on my cheek while the other hand lightly grasped the side of my neck. He leaned forward, his lips closing in on me. I closed my eyes and prepared for whatever was going to happen; whether that be we start kissing or he pulls away and start laughing like a maniac.

"No strings attached," he whispered before pulling me into a heavenly kiss.