chapter 04. jealousy blooms

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to my bright room. With slow movements, I managed to get up. After yawning and stretching my arms, I got off my bed and walked into my bathroom, almost getting a heart attack seeing how disgusting I look. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, getting the disgusting taste out of my mouth. I changed into an oversized black t-shirt and denim shorts. I combed through my hair, each second being a painful experience.

Once I was finally done with getting ready, I ran down the stairs once I smelt the delicious smell of bacon and pancakes.

"Scarlet, I see you finally woke up," I heard Aleah's strict voice in the dining room.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I sat down on one of the chairs.

"It's 11:48, and school starts in five days. You need to get used to waking up early," Aleah reminded me of the upcoming school, making me groan.

"Don't talk about school," I muttered out, a frown embedded unto my face.

"I used to love school at your age," Aleah said with a small smile and she bit into the sausage on her plate.

"That's because guys aren't crawling all over you back then and you're not as dumb like me," I jokingly said to Aleah with a cheeky grin.

"Scarlet," she said with a low voice and I knew what she was getting at. She wanted me to shut up in front of Harry and act mature. I rolled my eyes as Harry came over with a plate full of pancakes.

I quickly snatched three pancakes with my fork and quickly thanked Harry before devouring it all. While I was chewing a big chunk of his delicious pancake, which was fluffy and perfectly golden, I reached for the syrup and drowned the pancakes with it. My concentration on eating disappeared when I heard Aleah clear her throat.

"I guess Sean didn't give you much to eat," Aleah quietly commented as she swallowed her own small piece of pancake. Harry and I both heard her.

"Sean?" Harry asked as he sat down.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Aleah said as she sent a disapproving look at me, "Scarlet was staying at this guy named Sean's place for a month. And they weren't the most responsible during that time."

"Oh," Harry muttered out.

"What can I say," I started to say as I gave Harry a seductive smirk for a second before looking at Aleah, "I'm into older guys."

~~

"I'm going out," I told Harry through the closed door.

Aleah left for work about two hours ago, and for two hours, I was dying of boredom. He went into the room on the fourth floor and left me completely alone.

After not hearing anything from the other side of the door, I turned around and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked behind me.

I gladly turned around and took small, soft steps towards him. Harry's head was protruding out of the door, the rest of his body safe and hidden behind the white door. His face showed his typical angry expression, but a little curiosity mixed in it.

"Hanging out with Sean," I answered back.

Sean texted me a couple minutes ago, saying that his parents were gone and that he missed me. I knew what he was hinting at, and I honestly missed the hook ups we did, so I texted back that I missed him too. He texted back in lightning speed and told me to meet at the cafe we always met at.

Harry's face immediately darkened as he let out a sigh. His hooded eyes darkened as he shot me a look, sending a shock down my spine. God, why was he so attractive?

"Of course," he muttered out under his breath.

"Why, are you angry I'm hanging out with Sean?" I asked him as I innocently cocked my head to the side. "I promise I'll be a good little girl."

I noticed a light blush bloom on his cheeks. I snickered internally as he dropped his head, as if he was trying to hide his blush from me. Too bad I already saw. His brown, wavy locks covered his face like curtains.

"Just tell Aleah you're gonna be gone," Harry quickly said.

"I know," I said before I walked away. "Goodbye Harr-"

He slammed the door before I could even say bye.