chapter 15. acting

Harry wore a turtleneck to breakfast. My eyes watched as the tight fabric hugged his fit body I saw every inch of last night. My skin instantly felt inflamed at the thought of last night. The memories played in my head like a broken record. The moans and grunts echoed in my ears. The touches left invisible prints on my pale skin.

"That turtleneck suits you very much, Mr. Styles," Louis comments as he finishes his dish.

"Oh, um, thanks," Harry awkwardly mumbles, his hands loosening the collar. My eyes zoned into a blur of purple peeking out.

My hickey I left on his neck.

My eyes instantly dropped to my dish and slowly rose back up to see Aleah. My paranoia kicked in and every cell in my body began to think that she knew. Maybe I forgot to clean a spot on the floor and saw the residue of last night. Maybe she and Louis were outside the door, hearing the whole thing. Maybe she got Harry to talk. Maybe she-

"You should definitely go, Scarlet," Aleah said, bringing me out of my daze. 

"What?"

"The art gallery, Scarlet! You're so lucky you can go," Louis awed with sparkling eyes.

"Oh, right, yeah, so thankful," I muttered as I took a bite of the pancakes.

"You don't sound very thrilled," Harry's deep voice comments, sending thrills down my spine.

Oh, how sweet his voice sounded as he fucke-

"I just don't feel that good," I reply back, my eyes unable to meet Harry's. I was afraid one look would make my heart flutter and I won't be able to break away from him.

"You seemed fine last night," Harry said, his voice sounding a little unsteady at the mention of last night. I'm sure I only caught the slight discomfort in his voice.

Or at least... that's what I hope.

"I wonder why," I whisper, my eyes drifting towards Harry.

His wavy brown locks were pushed back in a messy surfer kind of way. His eyes were hooded and the lack of emotion in his eyes could make anyone believe he was bored to death, but a slight curl of the corner of his pink lips showed a sense of playfulness. His jawline was darkening with a stubble, which I remember against my skin last night.

I look away as the images of last night flood my brain.

"I need to go," I suddenly say as I stand up and push back my chair, everyone's eyes on me like a hawk.

I sprinted off, not caring that I didn't put my dish in the sink, not caring that the atmosphere I left was getting heavier, not caring that Aleah was starting to smell the stench of infidelit. My legs carried me up the staircases and darted into my room. My heart was heavy and I could barely carry the weight of the guilt and anger with my shaking hands.

I slammed the door shut and jumped into my bed. I screamed into the pillow as regret filled me. Why did I fuck him? Why, out of all the guys, did it have to be Harry? And why did my heart flutter and my body get hot from just a thought of him? Why was I acting like a stupid middle-schooler that couldn't handle a little crush? 

No.

Definitely not a crush. 

This was all just the lust from last night speaking. My body was craving his body, not him. It was lust I was feeling, not love. God, please don't let it be love.

Without a considerate knock on the door, someone opened my door and closed it quickly. My ears heard the silent click of the lock turning. The intense cologne that only Harry wore filled my room. I slowly turned around and faced Harry.

His eyes dark. His movements calculated. And his words sharp. He walked towards me, an aura of darkness around him. He bent forward, his body leaning towards mine.

"Stop acting stupid, Scarlet," Harry hissed at me quietly. "Don't make me regret that night any more than I do now."

With my eyes wide open, my body shaking, my mouth open with surprise and hurt, he got back up straight. I expected him to walk out, but he stayed put. A small smirk replaced his grim frown, making me furrow my brows in confusion.

"Don't make me have to punish you, baby girl."