chapter 17. beauty

Harry's pov.

She looks out the window, her chin resting on the small palm of her soft hand. Her bony elbow was casually against the rolled down window. The wind blows her soft hair wild, making her giggle as she looked at me with her crescent eyes. My heart accidentally flutters at the sight.

I turn my head away, scared my eyes stared at her face a little too long for it to be normal. Everything makes me question its appropriateness when it's revolving around her. Did my eyes accidentally linger on her pink lips? Did my cheeks flush with an inappropriate pink? Did my obvious emotions show through my eyes?

I hope not.

I know it's wrong. I know I should be locked up for fucking a minor. know I deserve to suffer in hell for what I'm doing right now. But my heart can't help but want something forbidden.

Once the drive is over, I get out of the car and quickly say, "Stay inside for a second."

I don't miss the soft, "OK," that comes out of her mouth.

I open her door and lend out my hand, which she takes after questioning it for a couple seconds. I guide her inside and show her the way towards the art galla. There's almost no one there, but I still feel conscious of me holding her hand. I fear someone might see it and interpret it the wrong way, or should I say the correct way? 

I wish I could hold onto her hand a little longer, but I know there's eyes in every little hole. I wish it was just us two. A world we only exist sounds like a dream come true. I wish I could openly hold her hands and not feel guilty. 

My fingers slowly let go off her hand, my heart turning heavy from the small movement. I internally bash myself for feeling so much for simply letting her hand go. If I feel like this with letting her hand go, how will I ever let her go?

"These are beautiful," she compliments as her mouth opens in awe. 

I shake my thoughts away and divert my attention to her. Her eyelashes are curled and wispy. Her eyes reflect the light and shine even brighter. Her nose shows a couple acne she tried to cover with concealer. Her lips seem so delicious I feel myself almost drool for a taste. 

Scarlet has no idea who's the truly beautiful one here.

As much as I know it's disgustingly wrong that I find myself so intoxicated with a seventeen-year-old girl that's soon to be my sister-in-law, it feels so right to want her. But no matter how good it feels to kiss her, to hold her, to love her, the law and morals hold more power. It was time to let her go. I, as the mature adult, need to let go. And, like she said before, today or tomorrow, nothing changes. Scarlet's out of my reach.

"I think we've gone too far," I whisper, my eyes boring holes into her's.

"What do you mean?" she asks, her eyebrows furrowed from confusion. But from the tint of rose showing on her high cheekbones, I know she knows what I'm referring to. 

"We need to stop, don't we?" I say with a dry chuckle, my right hand massaging the back of my neck. I look at the floor. I'm afraid I might cry or stop what I need to say if I look at her puppy-dog eyes.

She doesn't say anything, but from the quietness, I can tell she heard me. I fear I made her cry, so I look up. But I see something that makes me more fearful. There was nothing on her face. It was as if Scarlet was prepared for this. There wasn't even sadness on her face, just nothing.

We go back in the car and the ride back is silent. I play the radio to drown the silence, but the sad songs only add onto the heaviness of the car. I wonder if I did the right thing. I wonder what it would've been like if I hadn't said anything. We might be laughing right now, or kissing in the bathroom like criminals hiding from their guilty crimes. 

Once we arrive home, I don't open her door. Scarlet gets out before I even have time to pull the key out. I swallow the bitterness in my mouth and get out as well, surprised to see her standing there, her back to me.

"It was all very beautiful, Harry," she says before walking away.

I can't help but think she's not referring to my artworks, but something else.

"It was all very beautiful," I slowly repeat, the cold Autumn breeze bringing more loneliness than I wanted to feel that day.

~~

So this was the first Harry's pov! I don't know if I should do more, so please comment if you liked it..also, I feel like I'm going too fast, but a lot of people have been liking my story anyhow, so A BIG THANK YOU!!! Especially for 10,000 READS!!!! I don't know how to describe how I feel right now to be honest...

Thank you for reading my book and giving it a chance. I will try my best as an amateur author and not let you guys down!