chapter 06. new roommate

"Scarlet?" I heard Aleah's voice break out inside the quiet mansion.

I looked away from Harry and walked towards the entrance, where I saw Aleah and a brunette man standing next to her. His short hair seemed unprofessionally messy, his eyes were mixture of blue and green, his lips were chapped and thin, and a light stubble was growing on his jaw. He looked like a mess, but he wasn't bad looking either. Aleah took off her shoes as her hand casually grabbed the man's elbow. I didn't like this picture.

"Who's he?" I bitterly asked, not sparing the kindness towards this stranger.

"He's my new intern and we need to work on the project together," Aleah started to explain as she handed the man a pair of our slippers. "And I knew you and Harry would starve to death if I didn't come, so I brought Louis to my house. Is that a problem?"

"No, of course not," I spat out as I sent Louis one last glare before heading to the bar.

Before I could even take a step towards the bar, Harry was already walking towards us. His hair was messily tossed on his head, his eyes dangerously staring at Louis, his back was hunched and his hands were stuffed into his pocket.

"Harry," Aleah greeted him with a nod.

"Aleah," Harry greeted back with an awkward nod.

"This is Louis," Aleah introduced him to Louis.

"Nice to meet you," Harry said as he stuck out his hand in front of Louis.

"No, it's my pleasure," Louis said as he vigorously shook Harry's hand. "Aren't you the famous artist, Harry Styles?"

"Yes," Harry responded back with a monotone voice, pulling his hand out of Louis' strong grasp.

"I told him not to tell anyone about us," Aleah told Harry.

"I would never tell this big of a secret to anyone," Louis started to say, his head nodding up and down. "You can trust me."

"Good," Harry said as he stared at Louis for a while, then looked back to Aleah.

"Now, I'm starving, anyone else?" Aleah asked with a smile.

~~

Much like last night, the dinner was very silent and awkward. I sat across Louis, and at that moment, I didn't hate him so much. If anything, I felt as if he was my best friend. I could practically smell Louis' nervous sweat. But I don't blame him; we were both caught in a silent battle between Aleah and Harry.

"This is delicious," Louis said in the silence as he swallowed his last bite of Aleah's lasagna.

"If you like this so much, you might as well stay here for a couple months," Harry jokingly said as he sipped his glass of wine.

"Actually, he's going to live here for a couple weeks," Aleah suddenly said, making Harry and me drop our forks from shock.

"What?" I asked her first.

"He just moved from Houston, Texas to here, so he doesn't have a place to stay. And this project might just be bigger than I expected. So he gets to stay at a place and I get to finish my project quicker, it's a plus for both of us," Aleah casually said as she took another bite of her lasagna.

I let out a scoff as I sent another glare at Louis, who was no longer my best friend.

"I see," Harry said as he stood up and placed his empty dish in the sink. "Well then, Louis, welcome to the Styles Brown house."

He strolled out of the kitchen. Then I, swallowing my last bite of lasagna, followed after him.

~~

Turns out Louis' going to stay in the room right next to me, even though there's five thousand rooms besides that one next to mine. I glared at him as he moved his stuff into the room. I knew he could feel me burning holes into his back. He suddenly stopped and walked towards me with an angry expression.

"I'm sorry Scarlet, but I don't know why you have a problem with me?" he huffed out as he fixed his gaze on me.

"Are you into my sister?" I turned the table, asking him the question.

"What? No-no!" Louis shouted as he looked completely dumbfounded. His face became a bright tomato. "First off, she's engaged. Second, she's a beautiful, strong woman, but she's three years older than me, and I'm not into older women. Lastly, she's engaged to the Harry Styles, whose been my role model for forever!"

"Good," I simple stated as I narrowed my eyes. "And I guess, sorry for being a hardass."

"Whatever, it's fine," Louis said as he calmed down.

"Well, bye," I said as I raised my right hand and walked into my own room.

I need to chill.