41

Addilyn's POV

It has been a week since the incident with Jack and luckily he hasn't brought it up. In fact, he's acted like it never happened and returned to his usual cheekiness.

Daniel is back from visiting his family and tomorrow we're going on a date to a new restaurant. Daniel and I have gone on plenty of dates before but for some reason I was nervous for this one. I feel guilty, but I shouldn't. I didn't do anything wrong... well except pretending to not know Jack. I actually did a good thing and that was resisting the urge of taking Jack back.

Urge?! I thought. Did I actually want Jack back and not know it?! I'm not repulsed by the idea. NO ADDY! STOP! YOU CAN'T WANT JACK! You have DANIEL!!

I was mentally yelling at myself and I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled a blanket over me from the bed I've been laying in and closed my eyes.

Daniel's POV (bet you didn't see this coming lol)

I'm relaxed on the couch in the living room watching Jonah and Zach compete against each other in some video game. I'm on team Jonah because, c'mon, the man's got mad skills.

"You guys want anything from the kitchen?" I ask getting up from the couch.

"Nope," they say in unison, not looking away from the game. I walk into the kitchen and see Jack sitting on a stool at the island. I give him a few pats on the back as I walk passed him to the fridge. He looks over his should and gives me a quick smile before looking back down at his phone.

I haven't thought about it much but Jack has seem a little distant recently. We haven't hung out that much, and it's probably because I spend so much time with Addy. I need to make some time with my best friend.

"Hey, bro, what ya up to?" I ask sitting across from him.

"Nothing much, man." He barely glances up from his phone.

"It's been a while since we actually hung out," I state.

"Yeah it has."

"Do you want to go to the skate park sometime soon?" I finally got his attention.

"Oh yeah, are you free tomorrow?" he asked cheerfully.

"Well, I-uh have a date with Addy."

"Oh." He sounded so disappointed. He turned his gaze back to his phone.

"But... you can come if you want. We're going to that new restaurant." I hated turning Jack down.

"No, it's cool. I don't want to third wheel."

"Then bring a date. We can have a double date." He seemed to be thinking it over in his head before nodding.

"Okay, if you insist," he said playing around.

"Who are you going to ask out?" I questioned.

"I know just the girl." A sly smirk spread across his face.

"who?"

***
Check out my new imagine book! It'll mean a lot to me.
Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be out soon.
Enjoy this chapter? vote / comment / share