7

I slept in on Sunday. I was too occupied in my dream of Jack to wake up. When I finally decided to wake up I checked my phone seeing all my notification. Most of them were from Kimberly about the date. I hadn't received anything from Jack yet but maybe it was just too early. You know boys, they always sleep. I texted Kim back and went down to the kitchen for breakfast. I looked at my stove and read the time: 12:42 a.m.

I grabbed the cereal box and a bowl. I started pouring the cereal into the bowl when someone startled me.

"Hey honey." I jumped a little and turned around to my mom giggling. "Sorry hun, didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh no it's all good. I didn't know you were home."

"Where else would I be?"

"I don't know. You usually go to the store on Sunday."

"Nope not today." She went to the counter and started going through the mail. My mom is a very busy person. She works six days a week and is always doing something on Sunday.

"So what did you do yesterday?" she asked.

"I ummm... actually went on a date."

Her face lit up instantly. "Oh realllllyyy?"

"Yep. Not that big of a deal."

"I'm not making it a big deal," she said sarcastically. "Who was it with?"

"Just some kid named Jack."

"Did you have fun? Is he nice? What did you guy do? Was it romantic?" I quickly grab my freshly made cereal bowl and start going back up to my room, yelling "YEP!". Every time she starts asking questions I remove myself from the situation. One time I told her about a date I went on and when he showed up for a second date my mom started telling him embarrassing stuff and completely drove him away. I only gave her small pieces of information after that.

I sat in my room and started watching Netflix while eating my cereal. As I watched my shows I kept texting Kim. She asked a bunch of questions about the date and I kept reliving the memories as I answered her questions.

After hours of watching Netflix and texting Kim, I was starting to wonder if Jack would text me today. It was now 5:34 and I had not heard from him all day. I started becoming self conscious.

Did he not have as much fun as I did? Was I bad kisser? Was this all a set up? All these negative thoughts started filling my head when my phone dinged.

NoodleJack sent you a chat

I didn't bother changing his name.

NoodleJack: Hey, what are u doing rn?

Me: Nm. Just watching Netflix.

NoodleJack: We should hang out.

Me: Like rn?

NoodleJack: Yea. Lets go out or something.

Me: umm okay.

NoodleJack: Unless you don't want to.

Me: No, I do!
Way to be desperate Addilyn.

NoodleJack: Okay, I'll leave soon.

Me: ok :))

Great, now I have to get ready. I walked over to my desk/vanity to start doing makeup. As I sat down I looked at my math textbook. Oh sh*t! I forgot to do my homework and I have a lot to do. I immediately text Jack back.

Me: Jack, I can't hang out today

NoodleJack: Why not??

Me: I have a bunch of hw that I need to do.

NoodleJack: Well then let me help you with it

Me: Are u even good at math?

NoodleJack: I'm passing, aren't I?

Me: Yea ok

NoodleJack: So you're gonna let me help?

Me: Fine, you can help.

NoodleJack: great, hw is ab to get a whole lot funnier

Me: I'm starting to regret this.

Even though we were just doing homework I still wanted to look presentable but not over the top. I put a light amount of makeup, just some mascara and did my eyebrows. I heard my mom call from downstairs,"Hey, I'm going to my hair appointment now!!"

"OKAYYY!!" I yelled back. Good. Now I won't have to worry about her embarrassing me.

It wasn't long after when I heard two knocks on my front door. I ran down to open it and of course, there stood Jack

*** 

Okay, so nothing really big happened in this chapter. It's just a filler chapter but I hope you still enjoyed it! Next chapter will be better.

<<Don't forget to Like, Comment, and Share>>