34

Jack's POV

It felt like a lifetime of me just admiring her beauty. I was in the middle of deep thought when I heard car doors shut and I started to panic.

Addilyn was still asleep. I quickly but gently removed Addilyn's head from my shoulder, placing a pillow under her head. I rushed to my room before the boys entered the house.

When I heard the door open and the boys start enter, I casually made my way down the stairs. "You guys are finally back," I said, acting overdramatic, "how was Chipotle?"

"Really good!" Zach replied, still stuffing food in his mouth. They all nod, agreeing with him.

"Do you know where Addilyn is?" Daniel asks right off the bat.

"I think she's watching tv in the living room." Daniel nodded and started heading in her direction, everyone following behind. He found her asleep where I had left her. He shushed the other boys, making sure they wouldn't wake her. After a moment of examining her, Daniel picked her bridal style and carefully took her upstairs.

Addilyn's POV

I woke up to the harsh sunlight coming through the window. I looked around to see that I wasn't still on the couch, but instead with Daniel in his bed.

I stared up at the ceiling for ten minutes, too busy with my thoughts, when I hear a noise. I turn to see Jack in his own bed, stirring in his sleep. His curly hair sticking up everywhere, mouth slightly open.

I stealthily get out of the bed and into the bathroom. The only question on my mind is how did I get in this room? Did Daniel carry me up here? Or was it Jack? Does it really, Addilyn? No, it doesn't.

I turn on the faucet and wash my face with some warm water. I go downstairs when I'm done. I take a look at the time on the microwave. It reads 7:26. I'm usually not up this early.

I go over to the big glass sliding doors and stare out into the early morning view. The birds are singing and flying around. The sun is getting brighter and brighter every second as it continues to rise. I smile to myself at how peaceful it is.

My peace is interrupted by the sounds of footsteps. I turn to see Jack enter the kitchen, head down as he scratches behind his ear. He gives a big yawn and then he notices me. "Good morning" he says after a moments of silence. He walks over to the cabinet and grabs a box of cereal.

"Morning" I say, turning back to the glass door. I hear him shuffling through things in the fridge.

"Got any plans today?" He asks. I turn around to look at him. We both examine each other's face. The second I realize that the staring is awkward I start to smile, holding back an awkward laugh.

I finally reply to his question with, "I said we were even, not friends." I didn't have an attitude like usual.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" He was still assembling his cereal.

"I just think we shouldn't be friends." I shrug and he just looks at me.

A cocky smirk slides across his face. "Why? Are you scared you're gonna fall for me... again?" I scoff at his question.

"That's the farthest thing I'm scared of. You're the one who will be begging me to take you back."

"In your dreams. If you're not scared then there is no reason we shouldn't be friends, unless... you are scared."

"Loose the smirk noodlehead. I'm not scared of anything."

"Then good, it's settled. We're friends." He walked out of the room with his cereal before I could protest. I stood in the same spot in defeat.

It wasn't too much longer until some of the other boys woke up and came downstairs. We were stumped on what to do for the day. The perfect decision came along when Zach yelled,"POOL PARTY!!"

"Oww, my ears" Corbyn complained and we all laugh.

❁ ❁ ❁
The chapter is finally here! Sorry I was late. Its a little short but it's just a filler chapter. Things are about to get real.
Enjoy the chapter? Vote / Comment / Share
Thanks for reading! New chapter on Tuesday!
Go follow @wdwglasses on insta!!