33

Addilyn's POV

The person at the door knocked one more time before I opened the door. There stood Justin, eagerness all over his face.

"Hey Justin, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I think we need to talk." His tone was kind of urgent and he had his gossip voice on.

"Ummm, okay. Anything specific?" His gaze went to behind my shoulder over to Wilma, who was also confused as she watched.

"I think we should talk in private." I agreed and we went to my room. I asked him what he needed to talk about.

"What's going on between you and Jack?" My mouth gaped open as I saw the curious expression on his face.

After a second of collecting my thoughts, I said, "what are you talking about? I just met him."

"Oh cut the bullshit Addilyn. I saw the way he looked at you and he was so quick to get you alone. Are you cheating on Daniel with him?"

"Gosh, no Justin!! I would never do that, especially not with Jack!"

"Then what is going on." He was becoming impatient. I could keep this from him anymore. I was struggling to keep this to myself and I wanted to be able to share this with someone.

"We used to date," I started, "but we had a messy relationship." Justin's head shook in disbelief. I could tell he was already lost. "We met in high school in Pennsylvania and he asked me out. It was good for a couple of months until he basically started neglecting me. Then, I moved out here without telling anyone."

Justin took minutes to process what I just said. When he was done thinking, he asked me more specific questions. "So, why did you guys pretend not to know each other?"

"I'm not sure. That was all him and now I regret going with it because it's technically lying."

Justin asked a few more questions, like if I still had feelings for him (and I answer with no, obviously), but then we decided to drop the topic and relax. Justin promised not to say anything. We fell asleep shortly after we began watching a movie.

A few days later

I've been at the Why Don't We house for a few hours now. I've spent the majority with Daniel (obviously). We went for a hike earlier and now we are just playing ping pong. Corbyn has been in his room all day playing some video game, and the other three boys have been out shopping all day.

We were just finishing our last game when the rest of the boys came home. Jack excused himself from the group and went off to his room while the rest of us went to the kitchen. Daniel and I were going through the things Jonah and Zach bought.

They were discussing some shirt when Daniel realized he had some "really cool shoes that go great with them." He started describing them for Zach but Zach actually had to see them to visualize the outfit. Daniel and Zach went upstairs to quickly look at them, leaving Jonah and I alone.

We were being silent, but not in a type of awkward silence, it was relaxing. That is until Jonah started talking.

"I know I have no say in this Addilyn, but I think you should workout some peace agreement with Jack." I was taken back from his comment. How the hell does he know, I thought, did jack tell him? I swear I'm going to k-

My thoughts were interrupted when Jonah kept going. "Don't hate Jack for telling me, I basically forced him to. I just think you guys should at least try to stop yelling at each other and start being a little more pleasant. He isn't the same stupid Jack he was in the past and he deserves a chance to be forgiven."

I didn't have time to respond because Zach and Daniel came rolling back in. But I did think about Jonah's words. I had been a little tough and so had he. We're even now so we should just start over.

We talked for a little longer until the boys got hungry. They all decided on going Chipotle but I wasn't feeling it. Daniel kept asking me if I sure that I wanted to stay back and wait for them. They even got Corbyn out of his room.

All the boys left as I stayed in my kitchen stool, scrolling through my social media. It was then when I heard a noise coming from the living room. I approached the room slowly and quietly.

I was scared half to death when I saw Jack sitting on the couch. I think my presence also scared him.

"JESUS!! Jack!" I shouted when I first saw his figure. "What are you doing here?! I thought you left with everyone else."

He shook his head. "Nope, I'm not very hungry and I live here." I fully entered the room and observed the tv to see what he was watching, Impractical Jokers.

"Oh I love this show," I say as I take a seat next to him.

Jack's POV

I was finally able to catch my breath after Addilyn snuck up on me. By the time I did, she had already taken a seat next to me to watch the tv. She was a respectable distance away, her leaning more in my direction.

I'm surprised she chose to sit on the same couch as me after everything that's happened. She giggles at the jokes being made on the tv and I just fall in a daze listening to her laugh. Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Jack?... jack?!" I hum in response. "Did you hear me?" I guiltily say no. "I said... I'm sorry. I think we need to start over."

"Oh uh, I agree. I'm sorry too." We just sat and watched the show in peace and quiet. It was quiet but not awkward, for once it was not awkward.

Eventually, Addilyn started drifting to sleep. She naturally started tipping over and softly landed her head on my shoulder. I stared down as her peaceful state, admiring her face features. This whole situation was making me nostalgic about the old times we had spent together.

It felt like a lifetime of me just admiring her beauty. I was in the middle of deep thought when I heard car doors shut and I started to panic.

✿ ✿ ✿
Enjoy the chapter? Vote / Comment / Share
Thanks for reading! New chapter in two days!
Go follow @wdwglasses on insta!!