31

Addilyn's POV

Jack kept standing as we both watched Daniel and Jonah jog over towards the ocean with surf boards. Jack's gaze was everywhere but my face, him refusing to make eye contact. He looked little uncomfortable just standing there.

"Jack, you can sit down, I'm not going to bite." He released a sigh as he took a seat where Daniel was just sitting a second ago. "So what made you decide to go to the beach on this specific day?" I asked ready to confront him.

"Well, it is a beautiful day today, isn't that a good enough reason?" Jack said finally making eye contact.

"Is that your only reason?" He gave a vigorous nod. "What about the fact that you knew Daniel and I were going to be here?" I gave him a glare.

"Sorry to break it to you Addilyn, but not everything is about you." I scoff at his comment. "I came here to chill with my friend, not ruin your date. How's that going by the way?"

"Really good, actually. That is until you showed up."

"Oh yeah, is that why he was so quick to run off with Jonah?"

"You know what Jack, you're an ass" I said and then turned my head away from his direction over to the ocean. Daniel was sitting on his board, waiting for a wave, when he noticed me watching and started waving. I waved back.

"I tried to be nice, Addilyn, but you didn't want to hear me out so you put this upon yourself" Jack started up again.

"I didn't put anything upon myself, Jack. You just can't handle the idea of someone not liking you. Or the idea that I've moved on and don't want you back." I said, rolling my eyes. It was his turn to scoff at my comment.

"I could care less about getting you back, especially if this is how you act now." Ouch. That kind of stung. He looked a little taken back from his own words but didn't care to show regret.

Jack's POV

Oh crap, did I just say that? Addilyn had me so fired up that I couldn't help what came out of my mouth. What I said was mean but it was too late to take it back. I was not going to apologize to her after everything she has said.

"Mhmm, 'cause you know how I act now" she said sarcastically. "I'm surprised you haven't left Jonah yet for some other friends by now."

"I think we both know you are the better one at leaving." Wow Jack, you are an ass, is the first thing that popped into my head after those words. Addilyn looked offended, and I know deep down that hurt her but she would never show it. She turned away from me after mumbling, "whatever."

After a few minutes of silence, no noice except the crash of the waves, Addilyn had gotten up and started collected her things, avoiding eye contact at all costs. There was no expression on her face as she started putting on clothes over her bathing suit.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to hold back the attitude in my voice.

"Leaving."

"What?! You can't just leave, you're on a date!"

"I can do whatever I want Jack, don't worry about me."

"I'm not... I-I'm worried about Daniel" I stuttered. Truth was, I felt kind of bad. This wasn't our first arguement, but this was the first time I had actually said offensive things. I know I went too far by the way Addilyn wanted to leave so fast.

Addilyn's POV

"He's big boy, he'll be fine. I'll explain it to him later" I said, trying to hurry up the packing. Before I had the chance to jet off, Daniel emerged from the water, coming towards me very quickly.

"Hey Addy, what are you doing?" He sounded very concerned. I was hesistant to reply as I watched Jonah walk back up the shore.

"I'm gonna go, I'm not feeling very well." I lied. I hated lying but I couldn't be in the same space as Jack right now. He basically just called me self-centered, not worthy to get back, and made me the bad guy for leaving. It did not make me feel good.

"Are you sure? We could go up to the boardwalk and get some ice cream. Ice cream always makes you feel better." Daniel pleaded with his eyes. He was right, ice cream was my medicine to everything.

Daniel was too adorable and persistant to say no to. Jonah and Jack were going to be joining us for ice cream and then leaving us after. Even though it was more time with Jack, Daniel made it bearable.

Jack's POV

We started the walk to the boardwalk, Jonah and I following behind Daniel and Addilyn. I watched them mess with each other as we walked. Daniel would tickle her and she would have the most ridiculous laugh. As ridiculous as it was, it was so cute. It has been forever since I've heard her laugh, let alone have a decent conversation.

I remember she's most ticklish on her thigh. An easy squeeze to the thigh would send her into a laughing frenzy. She would push me away with her weak shaky arms. Just like she's doing with Daniel right now. A few playful pushes until he was done and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, her almost automatically resting her head on his shoulder. They exhange cute little glances. I missed getting adorable glances from her.

Snap out of it Jack! I remind myself of all the hurtful words we've exchange to each other. I convince myself that I'm better off without those glances, that they aren't that special. I clear my head of any thoughts of her and replace them with Selena Gomez instead.

Eventually, we made it up to the ice cream parlor. Addilyn became happier by the view of creamy, soft ice cream. We all take a long look at the choices, there was a ton of options.

"Oh my gosh, they even have my favorite!" Addilyn said, tugging on Daniel's arm.

"And which one is that?" He asks while chuckling at Addilyn's childish behavior.

That's when I said something I shouldn't have.

"Blue moon!" Both Addilyn and I spoke at the same exact time, everyone shooting me a weird look.

"How'd you know that?" Daniel asked with both curiosity and interest.

Oh man, did I just blow the secret?