20

Addilyn's POV

It's finally prom day.

It has been a week since my total melt down in front of Jack and honestly I was barely getting by. I haven't talked to Kimberly about her ditching me yet. She doesn't even know that I know she did. At first, I think she was a little nervous to see if I had found out but I pretended I didn't know.

She hasn't even confessed either. If this had happened at the beginning of the year she would've come running to me apologizing and bring me chocolate. I would be angry at her but we'd eventually get over it.

I don't think that's how it is going to go this time.

The original plan was for Kimberly to come over to get ready but I told her this was something I wanted to do with my mom. Of course, she didn't even fight it and was okay with meeting us at the school.

After hours of procrastinating, I started getting ready. I put on my two piece dress and my mom did my hair.

Shortly after I was done, Jack arrived looking sharp in his suit

He handed me some flowers that I passed to my mom to put in a vase

He handed me some flowers that I passed to my mom to put in a vase. My mom insisted on TONS of pictures. I kept apologizing to Jack for the hold up but he said he was enjoying it.

After I practically pulled Jack out of my house, we went to a nice restaurant and enjoyed our time there. "This is nice, and not hectic like the dance we're about to go to. Maybe we should skip prom" I said.
"We are not skipping prom. You've been looking forward to this for months." He placed the tip on the table and got up. He grabbed my hand to help me up. We walked out of the restaurant hand-in-hand to what could possibly be the worse night of our lives, or the best.

We arrived at the school and entered a gym full of sweaty, hormonal teenagers. Right away Jack was discovered by his friends so he said his hellos and we went over to an empty table. Soon enough Chad found us and sat with us. He had a plateful of food and man does this boy have an appetite. For a solid thirty minutes I watched Chad go back and forth between our table and the food section.

We sat there for a while as Jack's friends came up to him and chatted. But then Jack thought we weren't being active enough and forced me to the dance floor. At first it was strange, just standing there and watching people grind on each other, but then I stopped being so serious and started loosening up. I just swayed to the rhythm and for the first time I wasn't the worst dancer.

I was enjoying myself until I saw Kimberly. She came over to us not caring that Chad was there.

"Hey, do you mind if I hangout with my friends for a bit?" She asked Chad, implying that he should leave. She can't just come over here and make him leave, he was here first. And she has no right calling us her friend when she does very unfriendly stuff. I gave Jack a look so that he would get rid of her so I wouldn't have to.

"Sorry Kimberly, but I need Chad here for some... important... stuff" Jack stuttered, "but we'll catch up with you later."

"Whatever, I don't have time for this." She doesn't have time for what, I thought, time to be with her friends?

I watched her walk away to a bigger group of people, all ones that I don't like. Jack could tell I wasn't happy with her snooty comment. "Hey, don't worry about her. Let's go back to having fun" Jack said. I gave him a quick kiss and we went back to having a great time. I pushed the thought of Kimberly to the back of my head.

Finally a slow song came on and Chad ditched us to go dance with some girl. Jack placed his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed to the rhythm of the music. I followed his lead. We stared into each other's eyes and then we kissed.

We had never kissed like this before. This kiss was full of lust and passion and desire. This kiss was never ending. Our lips were locked and there was no key to unlock them. Soon, everyone in the gym disappeared and it was just us.

That was until someone interrupted us. Some girl walked passed and said "Ew, get a room." Jack just chuckled as I looked a bit embarrassed. The thought of giving Jack more of me than a kiss had never really crossed my mind. But I was almost certain now that Jack was the one for me, and the one to give my virginity to.

"Yeah, how about we get a room." I said mostly serious, but a little jokingly.

"That would be great, wouldn't it?" Jack said with a big smile. Shit, I thought, I don't think he got the hint. Let me try again.

Maybe the subtle way wasn't the way to go so I just said it. "Seriously, we should leave and get a room." He started laughing until he saw the serious look I had on my face.
"Wait, are you being for real?" I nodded seductively. "Are you sure?" He asked once more to confirm that I was okay with that. I grabbed his hand.

"This prom is boring anyways" I said leading him out of the school.

************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :))
<<<Vote, Comment, and Share>>>
I also have a WDW fanpage on insta @wdwglasses
Follow if you want :))