8

Addilyn's POV

It wasn't long after when I heard two knocks on my front door. I ran down to open it and of course, there stood Jack

I opened the door wider and stepped to the side so he could come inside. Once inside, he reached forward for a hug which I gladly accepted.

"Before we go anywhere or do anything, I need to know where all the exits are just in case you decide to kill me," Jack said. I laughed harder than I should've.

"Why would I wanna kill you?" I said coming down from my laughter.

"I'm not sure, girls are complicated creatures." He stood in the entrance with a big smile on his face and all I wanted to do was mentally capture this moment. After quite some time of staring I grabbed his wrists and pulled him upstairs. "We have work to do," I said as we reached the top. He followed closely behind me as we walked into my room. He stopped at the doorway and took a minute to examine his surroundings. I went and sat on my bed. I didn't really clean up before he got here. His eyes traveled every corner of my room and then he chuckled.

 His eyes traveled every corner of my room and then he chuckled

"What? What's so funny?" I said with a nervous chuckle.

He shrugged. "Nothing. Your room is cute."

"Thanks." I started blushing.

"A bit messy too."

I pretended to be insulted. "Like your room is any cleaner. It probably has clothes and food all over the place."

He laughed. "Are you stereotyping me? I'll have you know that I am actually a pretty tidy person. I don't like having a messy room."

"So did not see that coming."

"I'm full of surprises babe," he said with a wink. There he goes again with the names. The names always send shivers down my spine and make my cheeks go bright red. "Are you gonna come in or are you gonna stand there all day?" He was still standing by the door the whole time.

"Well if you insist." He came in and sat down at my desk. "So what homework do we have on the agenda?" He asked while reading the different textbooks on my desk.

"Math and history."

"Luck for you, I am quite the mathematician."

"Uh-huh I bet." I said sarcastically. He picked up the textbooks and brought them over to the bed and sat down beside me. I got up and walked over to my backpack, taking out two binders. I brought them back over to the bed and laid everything out in front of us. "Okay, let's get started."

***30 Minutes Later***

It has been half an hour and we have completed less than half my homework. We started with math because math is my best subject but it ended up taking longer than expected because Jack had absolutely no idea how to solve anything. It wouldn't have been such a big deal because I could just do my math by myself but then I realized that Jack was never going to pass math if he couldn't do it. So basically, doing my math homework turned into a tutoring session for Jack.

About ten minutes ago I came to the realization that I was never gonna get anything done, but having Jack here made me less upset about it. I also notice that doing homework made both of  us hungry so we ordered a pizza which just helped waste time.

"Addilyn, no offense but your homework is boring," Jack said taking a bite out of his pizza.

"All homework is boring, Jack."

"Good point. We just shouldn't do anything at all then. How does that sound?" He closed the math binder.

"That sounds terrible. I'm not trying to lower my grades, Jack," I said opening the binder back up.

"We could at least take a break," he said closing the binder again.

"How about you take a break and I continue with my education." Once again, the binder opened up.

"If that's the way you wanna do it." I handed him the remote my TV and told him he could put something good on Netflix. Every chance Jack got he tried to make me watch the show instead of homework. I eventually just gave up and tossed all the textbooks and binders off my bed, giving us more room to relax. I had no idea what show was playing but Jack seemed to like it. I found myself paying more attention to Jack than my TV. I stared at him as he laughed at the joke the actor made.

"Haha this guy is hilarious," he said pointing to the TV. After the episode was over, Jack turned and looked at me. "Did you like the show?"

"To be honest I had no idea what was happening and was completely lost the whole time."

"Maybe if you spent more time watching the show instead of staring you would've gotten it." Oh god! He caught me. I am so embarrassed. I covered my face with my pillow so that Jack wouldn't see my face turning bright red. He started laughing and slowly started removing the pillow from in front of my face.

"I'm just messing with you. It was cute. You were like a puppy looking at a treat, because, let's face it, I am a treat to look at." Are you trying to help me be less embarrassed or more because this is certainly not helping. Since he removed the pillow from my grip, I used my hands to cover my face. He then moved those out of the way.

We were laying on my bed, facing each other on our sides. Jack used one hand to keep his head up and the other was just laying by his side. He then moved his one free hand onto my my waist and slowly pulled me closer. My eyes gradually went down to his lips. He noticed and leaned in for a kiss. I kissed him back of course.

The kiss was going pretty far, slowly turning into a make-out session, until I heard someone's voice.

<<Don't forget to Like, Comment, and Share>>