27

Addilyn's POV

I had a million thoughts running through my head.

Did he really just pretend not to know me? Or does he not recognize me? What should I do? Should I tell Daniel? No, that's a terrible idea. "Oh hey, Daniel, by the way I dated your best friend way back and it was a terrible relationship. Plus, I lost my virginity to him. But I want to be with you forever." I sound like a maniac. Also, what the hell happened to his hair?"

His hand dangled in front of me for a bit until I shook it.
"Hi, I'm Addilyn." I went along with his fake meeting just to save myself from embarrassment.

"Is it just me or is this suddenly really awkward?" I heard Zach whisper to Jonah. Jonah nudge him and gave him a look that says "dude shut up!"

Luckily, Corbyn kept the conversation going and I don't think that Daniel noticed the tension. Eventually, Zach and Jack left the little circle and I finally felt at ease. Corbyn and Daniel went to help their manager and left Jonah and I to continue to talk.

"Have you tried the food here yet?" Jonah asked.
"No, I haven't gotten to it yet."
"I'm telling you, it is the best chicken in California. Wait, are you vegan?"
"Ha, no if I was vegan I would've already told you." We both chuckled. "I love chicken. I have a chicken keychain, is that weird?" I asked.
"No, not at all. Well, maybe a little." He stretched out the "well" and I laughed. "But I have to see this keychain" he insisted.

I opened my small purse/wallet thingy in search of my keys but after minutes of searching I couldn't find them. "Dang it, I left my keys at my friends. I'll have him bring them to me." I texted Justin as Jonah and I headed over to the food.

I laughed as Jonah filled up my plate with an obnoxious amount of food. He was recommending pretty much everything there. "Jonah, you're insane if you think I can eat all of this."

We sat at a table outside and started to eat. Finally, Justin found his way to us. "Here you go malady" he said as he bowed and handed me my keys.
"Thank you kind sir." He stood up straight and glanced at Jonah.
"Is this the invisible boyfriend?"
"Oh no, this is his friend Jonah. Jonah, this is one of my best friends, Justin."

Jonah invited Justin to stay, which I knew he wasn't going to pass up. Daniel eventually made it back to us and I introduced him to Justin. We sat as regular friends and talked.

I was in the middle of a story when Justin interrupted me to tell me I had food on my face. Justin's hand made its way to my face and he wiped it away. To anyone normal this looked like classic flirting but Justin is far from normal. I looked over to Daniel who's eyes were filled with jealousy and Jonah looked like he was put in the middle of an awkward situation.

"Guys, relax. Justin is gay." Relief flooded over their faces.
"Oh yeah, did I not tell you? I have the biggest crush on Liam Hemsworth." We all had a laugh.

After chit chatting about cereal and happy meal toys, a worker came to collect the boys for the cake. Justin and I stayed in our seats and kept on talking when Jack hurried over to us.

He was in a rush. "Can I talk to you after the cutting of the cake?" He spoke with urgency.
I was hesitant to answer. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

Oh boy, what does this boy want now?