22

Addilyn's POV

Finally. The last week of my junior year.

I had been dreaming of this week since the school started. I had waited for this week for so long but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to survive it. I mean it's the last week, it's suppose to be easy, no work applied.

I had nothing but high hopes for this week but now I don't know where that all went. Actually, I do. It could be that my best friend is no longer acting like my best friend, or that my boyfriend is no longer acting like my boyfriend.

It has been a couple of weeks since prom but the sparks between Jack and I had seem to be dying down. Was he bored with me? Probably. He claims that he's just busy with his music, but he can't take five minutes to give me a call?

Im proud of him. I really am. Jack's a hard worker and it was starting to pay off but I started to feel as if I was watching him become successful from the corner of the room. Before he used to drag me to the center of the room to witness it with him. But now? No. Now I was like a child sent to the corner. I felt lonely.

Does Jack know I feel this way? Heck no. I don't want to be that clingy girlfriend who stops him from chasing his dreams. I just hope that once summer starts he will have more time to share with me.

After all, I'll be more available now that I don't have a best friend to hangout with. Oh Kimberly. Way to leave me in the dust. Way to ditch me for some fake bimbos in this small ass high school. I applaud you for being so good at being so fake. For having the talent to forget all those memories we shared over the years. You deserve an Oscar.

I hadn't really spoken to Kimberley since the prom. She hasn't reached out and neither have I. I just want to know where everything went so wrong with us. All I wanted was an explanation.

I cleared my mind of anything Kimberley related as I grabbed my textbook from my locker. I had a good feeling about today. It is Monday, the beginning of this long week journey.

If this was Monday a couple of weeks ago Jack would already be at my locker to walking me to my first class. He would intertwine own fingers and connect our lips for a quick kiss. Now I'm usually done at my locker the same time Violet is so we walk together.

Where would Jack be? Probably in the cafeteria during breakfast with his buddies. It was so subtle, the way he didn't show up at my locker one morning. At the time I thought it was just a one time thing but nope. He kept forgetting and then eventually stopped making an effort.

I told him it wasn't that big of a deal. And it wasn't. Not until he stopped doing our other traditions. Then I realized how much the small things mattered.

Thinking about all the things falling apart in my relationship with Jack was starting to make me angry. Luckily, Violet came up to me and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Addy, you ready?" She asked with her soft voice. I nodded, closed my locker, and we started our journey to our first class.

The school day ended quicker than I expected. I didn't bother to wait for Jack after school. I already knew his plans for the evening. Music. Music with no distractions from the outside world. I am now considered his outside world.

I missed being his world.

I also left pretty fast to avoid seeing Kimberly. I started getting rides from Violet too. She seemed to be the only one who cared recently.

I got home and dived straight into my homework. Since it was the last week the homework was super easy stuff, like color a picture. I guess the teachers just wanted to look like they were doing their jobs.