Chapter 35 ➳ Us

➡️ First of all, we learned in the last chapter that Brie (one of my OC's) was an item with Negan once upon a time before she served with him in the Saviors. Now, in this chapter, I'm allowing us time to grieve through the last chapter before I dive right into S8. So, this chapter is a little of what happened before Negan became himself and created the Saviors. Yet, the italics will be the past and the regular writing will be the current time. BTW: Brie's little sister in this, Lucy, is not in reference of any kind to Negan's baseball bat, Lucille. This is Negan and Brie's story... #Bregan ⬅️

❝ We have before us the glorious opportunity to inject a new dimension of love into the veins of our civilization

We have before us the glorious opportunity to inject a new dimension of love into the veins of our civilization.
— MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. —

~ ~ ~

The night had fallen on them quickly. Brie Kurtis peered out of her right eye over at her little sister, Lucy. The little fire that the two had put together was at their feet, shining onto their dark faces.

Brie knew that Lucy was starving over there, wrapping her skinny arms around her equally small stomach and rocked forward and backwards over and over again. They hadn't eaten in days, only living off of one bottle of water and any wild berries that they could find in the woods.

She had felt bad for her little sister since Brie was the one that was always supposed to take care of her. The day of when things began to go crazy, their parents died and Brie had to put them down by herself. They tried to reunite with their aunt, but when they went to her house, she was no where to be found. Ever since then, it has just been Brie and Lucy together and trying their best to survive this thing.

However, there have been others here and there along the way. An estranged man and little boy accompanied them for a few months not that long ago. The man and little boy had spare food that they were willing to share with the two young women.

The father and son stayed with them for a long time until the boy was bitten and died. The man cried for two days before he killed himself in the bathroom of a house that they were staying in at the time. Sadly, Brie and Lucy had to move on and start new someplace else.

Again, they ran into another group — yet, they weren't all family members. Some were strangers that had ran into each other and desired to survive together. They stayed with the group of five for a good few months. Almost one by one, they went away — except for two, whom had left within the night after taking Brie and Lucy's remaining food.

Ever since then, they had been alone and they plan on keeping it that way, too. They were loners. Always have been and always will be, too, unfortunately. Brie wished that she could find a place for her little sister to keep her safe, fed, and happy.