Chapter 14 ➳ The Day Will Come

• I just want to say that... I don't think that I'm physically, mentally, or even emotionally prepared to write this chapter. They'll be crying. You'll be crying. And, most of all, I'LL be crying. I'll probably be shaking and crying the whole time. Great. Just, uh... Great. BTW: Since I don't have the DVD set yet, everything won't be EXACTLY like how it was original. Bare with me here. Thank you (in advance)! :'( BTW: I made that photo, too (: •

"What? Was the joke that bad?" Negan taunted, kneeling in front of Rick with a bloodied Lucille in his hand.

We were all shivering, crying, and on the verge of having no breath.

"I'm gonna kill you," Rick murmured, finally threatening Negan. Negan asked him to repeat himself. "Not today, not tomorrow... But I am going to kill you," Rick repeated himself.

Negan scoffed at the threat and spat out: "Je-zus."  Then, he chuckled softly, turning to look at Simon. "Simon, what did he have, a knife?"

Simon replied almost immediately: "Uh, he had a hatchet."

"A hatchet? He had an axe," Negan corrected, adjusting himself. "Simon's my right-hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean, what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work." A pause, then: "Do you have one? Maybe one of these fine people still breathing? Oh." He paused and chuckled lightly, signaling to the dead body. He clicked his tongue and sighed loudly. "Or did I...? Sure. Yeah. Give me his axe."

With that said, Simon did as he was told and handed Rick's axe to Negan, who then shock us all when he picked up Rick and began to drag him to the RV. "I'll be right back," Negan called back to everybody. We all shifted and jumped when Rick was being carried away from us. "Maybe Rick will be with me. And, if not, well... We can just turn these people inside out, won't we? I mean the ones that are left."

"Rick!" I screamed out his name and reached forward to touch him, somehow. I couldn't reach her or even the person that had just died, too.

"Let's go for a ride," Negan said to Rick, shoving him right in the RV as he stepped inside after him. Then, with time, they took off.

Then, we were all left there together...

"Make sure those guns don't go anywhere," Glenn called out to Maggie, myself, and Tara. "Rick wants the small guns in this container and the bigger ones in this one. Got it, ladies?"

"Yes, sir," Tara sighed, but smiled.

I cracked a smile. "Aye-aye, captain," I agreed, with the hand-signal from my forehead out.

He smiled and winked, which I believe was aimed at all of us. His wife and two best friends, so I don't blame him. He turned his back on us and began to walk away, eventually disappearing. As he left us, we kept on doing what we were told to do by separating the guns for Glenn and Rick.

I heard footsteps and noticed that it was Abraham and Sasha, who came up to our carts. "What are y'all doing?" Sasha asked, eyeing us. "Separating the guns?"

"Yeah, Glenn said to do it for Rick," I told her with a shrug, eyeing her as she was with us. "You gonna help?"

Sasha sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Maybe," she shrugged, picking up a simple pistol. "How about this? I'll do this if you go on look-out with Abraham."