Chapter 36 ➳ Return

NOTE: There will be a lot of "divider" photos in this chapter, so please bare with me. Thank you. ❌

❝ A real hero is someone who does the right thing when the right thing isn't easy to do

A real hero is someone who does the right thing when the right thing isn't easy to do.
- GEORGE FEENY -

~ ~ ~

There was no more pain.

All that she felt was happiness.

It was all that she could feel anymore.

He watched her from the door, how she danced around in her new dress. It was white and almost see-through, which was a very unusual color for her to wear. All she ever knew was black and gray. Yet, she looked so beautiful in that dress and in the light that came from the window outside.

She looked different from the last time that he saw her. She was much more crueler back then, hopeless, broken, and skinnier. Now, she flowed with the sparkle of the light and her new attitude. He admired that the most about her.

Bloody hell... He loved her.

And... Oh, yes. She loved him more, though.

They woke up next to each other every morning and it was always a party when they woke up, staring into each other's eyes like that was all that mattered. To them, it was and they couldn't get enough of each other.

They had worked very hard for this future together. Before, when they were constantly fighting for survival, they kept reminding themselves of this future together. Oh, how it was so blurry before. Now, it was so clear and staring each other in the face.

He remembered how he couldn't lose her, though, of how he could never lose her - now more than ever before. Since, of course, she is carrying the future...

~ ~ ~

It hadn't been long since our last battle.

The smoke had cleared and, after the words that were said and the plans that had been set, we were back at it again. Paul and Maggie couldn't look at me the same and probably wouldn't ever again. Yet, Morgan could, who was standing right there, too, when it all came down on me. He had my back and easily accepted what I was trying to do, but he doesn't want me to die just yet.

Maggie still wasn't my friend because she hadn't forgave me yet. She still needs time, apparently, and I am more than accepting of that. She just lost her best friend, Sasha, after just losing her other friend, Abraham, and her husband, Glenn.