Chapter 24 ➳ Little Pig

"Negan," came my demanding tone, just as he turned away from Sherry. I was now in his women's room. "I need to speak to you real quick."

"Just hold that thought real quick, would yah?" Negan breathed out, holding his right index finger up. I didn't give him much of an answer as he turned back to kissing Sherry. I wanted to puke.

However, I could finally see Carl in this new light. He was holding a bottle drink, which could be either his or Negan's — most likely belonging to Negan and wanting Carl to hold onto it.

While Negan was clearly occupied by Sherry, I took three steps and was now standing directly in front of Carl. "Hey, bud," I breathed out, having my arms crossing my chest. "How you doing?"

"I hate when you call me that," he finally found the words to say, his voice was clearly cracking.

"I know," I sighed and slowly nodded my head. "But, I... I miss you. I miss all of you guys."

"We miss you, too," he whispered back, obviously trying to keep his voice down for Negan. "Izzy lives at Alexandria now."

My face almost dropped in surprise. "Are you serious?" I breathed out, my mouth ajar. "I'll be damned... She came alone?" He slowly nodded, which made me gulp. "The kid knows what she's doing, then, I suppose."

"Tess?" I suddenly heard the familiar voice call my name out. I turned around on my heel and was now facing Daryl, but the voice from Dwight, though. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Mind your own business, Dwight," I warned him, gritting my teeth inside of my now-closed mouth. "Stay in your lane." I glanced down and seen that Daryl was carrying a snack platter. What the hell? "What the hell is this?"

Carl, Daryl, and I all kept looking at one another, but I felt Dwight's warning eyes on all of us. Unfortunately for Dwight, he had to eventually look forward to see Negan making-out with his own wife. It was not a pretty sight to see, I tell you what. I don't envy either of them.

Negan, now realizing that Dwight and Daryl are here, too, looked from Sherry to Dwight back to Sherry. That's when he began to chuckle at the sight of Dwight having to stare at his wife and Negan. Asshole.

Negan walked forward to stand directly in front of Daryl, took a toothpick off the platter, and jabbed it into a green grape before he placed it in his mouth to eat. He stared back at Daryl for a while, too, while he ate that grape.

"First things first," Negan said, turning towards me. "Tess, you were here first. What can I do for you, darlin'?"

I felt everybody's eyes on me, even Sherry's, for that matter. I came in here to finish what I started before, but... I don't think that I want to anymore. Not after speaking to Carl, that is. I wanted to live now. More than anything, though, I wanted to see this whole thing through.

"Um, I," I stuttered out, then coughed afterwards. "I just wanted to apologize to you for my actions from before. I shouldn't have questioned your intentions or judgements. I should've seen what you had to say to Carl all the way through. I'm very sorry and I hope that you can forgive me."

I didn't know how Negan would react, but he's only got over a thousand personalities going on in his mind.

He slightly tilted his head to the left, grinning from ear to ear, and seemed to be now studying me. He bit down on his bottom lip and posed, slightly leaning backwards. He took a moment to glance at Dwight, Daryl, and Carl. Then, he returned his dirty and sick glare on me.