Chapter 31 ➳ Aim

For anyone out there who loved the obese bastard as much as I did, I just want to say a few words. Fat Joey was not the most badass sonuvabitch, but he was loyal. He had a great sense of humor. In fact, we were just joking about oral sex with Lucille the other day. Things will not be the same now that he's dead. Without Fat Joey, Skinny Joey is just... Joey. So it's a damn tragedy. So, let's have a moment of silence... We got ourselves a red situation. I need a search party. See if Daryl and Tess ran home like the dumb animals that they are. Turn that sleepy little burg upside down. I've gotta get my favorite girl back and splatter her brains out for turning on me like that! I want her to die first right in front of her friends and family. She's going to pay for turning on me...
— NEGAN —

 ❞— NEGAN —

"Teach me."

Morgan spun around on his heel and innocently asked: "What?"

"Teach me something," I extended it further and shrugged. "Daryl left and, to where, I have no idea. I have nothing better to do, so teach me something like you teach Ben."

"You want to learn about the sticks? Is that it?" he asked once again, just to be sure. His eyes were deep into mine in question and concern.

I stepped forward and, so that nobody else around us would hear, I whispered: "Look... With or without you, we're going to fight the Saviors. Rick will figure out a way. In the meantime, I want to further my strength and skill in order to win against the Saviors." He seemed to heard me loud and clear since it was very important that he did. "I don't care about those sticks that you two have. I'm talking about my machete. It's basically the same thing. Teach me."

Without another word from myself, Morgan understood and slowly nodded. "Alright, Tess," he squeaked out and our eyes met. "I'll teach you something. Follow me."

He began to lead the way and I followed, as I was required to. Morgan dove across the street until we were over by the bow-and-arrow training and where Ben was currently swinging his weapon around.

When he seen us approach, he immediately stopped, straightened himself up, and smiled. "H-Hi, guys. What's up?"

"Ben, Tess here wants me to teach her how she use her machete better," Morgan informed Ben and he slowly nodded, yet was still so confused. "She thinks it's like the sticks that we use. Would you say so?"

Ben blinked and looked from Morgan to me within two seconds. "Um, um. No, sir," he said to Morgan. Then, to me, he gulped and corrected: "I mean... Yes!"

"Yes?" Morgan asked again, just to be sure.

Ben shook her head and looked back to Morgan. "I mean, uh... N-No, sir. Every weapon is different. For Tess, the machete is sharper than the sticks."