Chapter 32 ➳ Brand New

— Tess' New & Improved Overall Look —

Tess' New & Improved Overall Look

— Tess' New & Improved Weapons of Choice —

• • •

I was alone.

Daryl was gone. He decided to go back to the Hilltop and risk his safety. I decided to stay here at the Kingdom, where I know that I'll be safe at. At least, for the time-being. It had been two days so far, though.

Before Daryl left, however, I asked him for a big favor — which was to see if he could get Izzy to come and see me, but with supervision. I only ask that now is because I don't want her to risk getting caught by the Saviors while out there. Yet, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen with the tensions so high like they are.

I wanted to leave here, to be honest, and go back to where I belong. I want to go back to Alexandria. That's home to me, where all of my family and friends are at, too.

Waking up this morning, I took the ultimate chance and packed all of my stuff up. I sat it to the side before turning my attention to the mirror on the dresser, seeing myself for the first time in a long time.

I was growing weaker, paler, and more useless — especially looking at myself in the face. I hate looking at my body when nude, especially when I shower and feel the water slip off of me — like how I wish that my sins would do. I had scars as long as my arm stretched all over my body, which can be easily hidden with the proper clothing.

I am not the same woman that I was once.

So, that's why I decided to take the women's eyeshadow that I had found in one of the dresser drawers and smear it all over my face. The black eyeshadow was left on my fingertips and would have to be scrubbed off later. I didn't want to look at myself anymore and I didn't want anyone else, too, either.