'Bring It'

Hey everyone!! I hope you like what you've read so far! Just know that about half of this book is now finished. The next half will blow you away! It will be climactic;)

That being said, enjoy this new UNEDITED installment!

Chapter Twelve: 'Bring It!'

After Friday night, the weekend passed by quite uneventfully. I went down to Neil's house on Saturday morning to talk to him and apologize, but that went down the drain. He never even opened the door!

After that, I called Riley a few times to check up on her. She was doing okay considering what she had gone through. Nick had tried calling her a couple of times, but she never called him back. 'I'm done with him!' she said when we were chatting on Sunday night.

Me: You should be. What he did to you was awful...And I mean, with Megan? He couldn't have gone lower!

Riley: Aww, you're sweet(K) and I know right?!! Well, I guess, as they say, he lost out...

Me: Nah...you're the one who gained;)

Riley: You're amazing James Matherson, you know that, right?:)

Me: well...I try(H)

Riley: Modesty! Hahaha!! So the Math test is on Friday, and the 'Bring it' semi-final is on Sunday at 4. I spoke with Mr. Anderson about it. He said that I'd be taking the test during the first period and that he'll correct it and give me the result straight after that. Point is, can you tutor me again?

Me: Absolutely! Won't stop until you ace it xD!

Riley: Yay!! So free periods again?

Me: sounds good:) Gotta jet, it's dinner time. See you tomorrow! Later:D

The next morning, Melissa and I faced the entire school as a couple for the first time. We only cared about the opinion of one person: Neil. He hadn't responded to any of my texts or calls, so I figured he was still mad at me. That is until he surprised Melissa and I at our lockers.

"N-Neil," said Melissa, shocked.

"Hi," he said, a sudden sense of joy in his voice. "Look, you guys, I just wanted to apologize for what I did, and what I said. I mean I was just sitting in my room feeling bad for myself when I realised, hey! I don't like own Melissa! It's her choice if she likes me or not. It's her life and I have no right to be angry! And you didn't mean it, did you James? I mean love just happens doesn't it?" he said, then took a huge breath of air.

"Woah, Neil slow down! Take a breath! We're glad you're okay with us dating," I said, patting his arm.

"Why wouldn't I be? As I said it's not like I-"

"Neil! Slow down! Are you okay?" said Melissa, sounding alarmed.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine! I wish everyone would stop asking me that! I'm just...in a good mood! No, great mood, no awesome mood! Gotta go, see you soon, the weather's nice huh? Okay bye," he said, then ran off in the opposite direction.

"That was wierd," said Melissa, turning to me.

"Tell me about it," I said, as we walked to class. That was the first time I'd noticed a severe difference in Neil's behaviour. But then again, I had never actually seen Neil so happy, so I figured he was behaving normally, and didn't give it much thought.

While sitting in class, listening to Miss Kent's explanation, the school microphone turned on with an announcement from Principal Collins.

"Hello students,

I hope you had a pleasent weekend, and hope you have a good school week. Down to business, as you all know, every year, at the end of the first semester, a select group of two high-achieving students from each class are rewarded with special prizes, or as we put it, the 'Academic Prizes'. For those of you who do not know, the two with the highest combined average, receive an unbelievable opportunity. With three weeks left till the end of the semester, I ask you to push yourselves. As previous students will tell you, the prizes and sense of accomplishment are very much worth it, and getting them is very difficult, which makes me proud of you as a principal.