Nick & Neil

Hey Wattpadders! how you doin today?!

thanks for all the votes, comments, and fans! I shall remain forever grateful. I hope you continue to do so, I am enterred in the wattys afterall;)

Dedication is to @SorryIAmNotPerfect! go check out her stories:) They're GOOD:D

I hope you enjoy the newest installment! So like it? love it? hate it? makes you want to puke?! Just TELL ME!! Don't forget to vote and fan if you like!

Chapter Four: Nick & Neil

The situation was awkward enough. Riley didn't speak a word the entire period. I knew she was thinking about the same thing I was thinking about; the almost kiss.

How could I have even thought about kissing her?! I spent about 40 minutes with the girl, and was already trying to kiss her! Desperate much?! What if she had a boyfriend or something? Of course she had a boyfriend, how could she not?! What the heck was I thinking?!

Then again, I am a guy. I would be stupid not to have made a move.

Then there was Melissa. Something about her made me tick. I felt comfortable when I was with her, like, I could tell her anything without expecting to be judged.

I really see myself falling for her, for both of them.

What are you doing going after both of them James?! I wasn't that kind of guy...was I?

"Well?" I heard Miss Kent's voice. "James!"

"Huh? What?" I said, snapping out of my trance.

"Pay attention! What's the general value of the molecular volume of ions?" she demanded.

"Emm.."

Why couldn't I remember this? I've used it just about a million times!

"Well?" she said looking somewhat disappointed.

I could practically read her mind. She was probably thinking something like: "This is my promissing new student?!"

It suddenly hit me!

"22.4" I practically screamed.

She gave a relieved smile. "22.4 what?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"22.4 liters!" I answered confidently.

"Correct!" she said turning back around to the board.

The rest of the period flew by. Now that I knew Miss Kent was practically evaluating me, it was much easier to concentrate on her explanation.

Despite her young age, and lack of experience, she was quite the brilliant teacher.

The bell finally gave a ring. I was free at last! I couldn't get out of there soon enough.

"James!" I heard Melissa call.

I tried my best to ignore her, but she kept calling.

"Yeh?" I asked.

"Where you headed?"

"Lunch," I said, "need anything?"

"No. Just wondering if you have anyone to sit with." she said.

I had completely forgotten about lunch. I was supposed to sit with Riley. I couldn't do that now though. Not after what happened, or almost happened. It'd just be too awkward. I'll just blow her off and make up an excuse later.

"I really need that re-test," I remembered Riley say.

"You have to do it." I told myself, "For her sake."