Feeling bad for the poor hopeless guy I got out, and watched sympathetically as Luke made Harry more or less carry him up to the house.

“Am I losing too much blood?” Luke moaned, as Harry grunted, making his way onto the porch.

“Not yet,” Harry grumbled, “But keep it up and it won’t be your knee that’s bleeding.”

“It really hurts,” Luke sniffed.

Looking like he would rather drop Luke on his head then help him Harry crossed over to the front door and kicked it repeatedly until it swung open revealing quite easily one of the cutest girls I had ever seen.

She was tiny I guess or maybe we were just big. Her brown, wavy hair was pulled back into a ponytail, she was wearing a too big baseball style shirt with the word idiot scribbled on it, a pair of denim shorts, tube socks and keds.

“Um, hi,” she giggled, looking at the ground.

“Hi,” Harry replied pushing past her and sauntering into the house, leaving me to shuffle in awkwardly after him.

“I didn’t know you were bringing friends,” she mumbled, “I would have like…. I don’t know….not had onions for lunch.”

“Don’t worry about it, they don’t care,” Harry replied, carrying Luke over to the couch and dumping him there.

“Ow!” Luke cried, “That hurt!”

“Is he okay?” she questioned, glancing over at me nervously before crossing over to Luke and peering down at him over the side of the couch.

“He’s fine,” Harry grumbled.

“Does he have a name?” she asked.

“Oh yeah, right,” Harry mumbled, running his fingertips through his hair, “Destiny this is Luke and Ashton, Luke and Ashton this is Destiny.”

“Hi,” I said politely.

“Hey,” she giggled awkwardly.

“I’m hurt,” Luke pointed out.

“I can see that,” she replied, “Are you okay?”

“I don’t think so,” he answered, “I’ve lost quite a bit of blood.”

“But you’re barely bleeding,” she pointed out slowly.

“No, I am,” he argued, making a big show of sitting up and clutching his leg, “I think it’s going to scar.”

“I really doubt it,” she laughed, “I’d offer you a band aid but I don’t think I have any.”

“What am I supposed to do just bleed out?” he cried.

“Luke I’ll think you’ll make it buddy,” I interjected.

“If I lose it I’m suing you,” he grumbled, flopping back into a lying position.

“I’m going to take a wee,”  Harry mumbled, exiting the room, leaving the three of us alone.

Smiling at me awkwardly, Destiny crossed over to a faded looking couch and sat down cross legged, pointing to another chair next to her.

“You can sit there if you want,” she mumbled.

“Thanks,” I replied, taking a seat.

We then sat in silence for several seconds, the only sound being the faint tinkling of Harry relieving himself in the next room.

“So,” I said suddenly, “Um, your house is um…. Lovely.”

“You don’t have to lie,” she laughed, “It’s disgusting.”