《Chapter 23》Suprise Visit

I put my phone away and stare at the ceiling. Tomorrow, huh? I get up and get ready to go downstairs when I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey? Can I come in?" I hear my brother outside of my door "yeah." He comes inside my room and take a seat next to me

"What's wrong?" I ask as he sits down "what was with that reaction back there.. that wasn't like you..." confused I look at him. "What do you mean?" He sighs and leans back

"you know, I've been away for a while now, I missed you" he smiles at me and I smile back "and I'm sure you had some things happening when I was gone"

his smile slowly started turning into a smirk "what are you getting at?" I ask, felling anxious about his answer "you know. Friends.. relationships" I knew he was going there "I don't want to talk about it right now"

I knew I had to tell him, but I was scared of his reaction. "Hmm? So something did happen" I fall back down and look up "I said I didn't want to talk about it. He sighs and looks up as well "fine, you don't have to tell me, just... tell me about the other things you did then"

I gave up and told him about the trip, and my ankle. We sat in my room for about half an hour, when we get called down for dinner. Afterwards I talk to everyone some more about tomorrow. Afterwards I put my phone on the charger and went to bed.

--

"Nathan!" I wake up to hear my brother screaming from downstairs "come downstairs for a second" I get out of my bed, and start walking towards the door. It's still a bit difficult to put weight on my ankle, luckily I don't have to go out.

I walk downstairs and see Micheal standing in front of the door. As I walk down, I notice Emily and Ein standing outside. I walk up to the door and stop next to my brother.

"You're early" I say, trying to wake up "no we're not, did you just wake up?" I look over to the living room, and she's right, she's just on time.

"Uhh" I let out a sigh and let them in, they take a seat on the couch and I go upstairs to change into normal clothes. I take my phone and walk back to the living room.

"How's your ankle?" Emily ask as soon as I sit down "it's fine, it's still kind of hard to walk though" I answer, leaning back. "See, told you it's best to come to your house" she smile proudly.

Not soon after the bell goes again, and before I could even stand up Micheal is already opening the door.

The door closes and Daniel walks in, followed by Jacob "hey you made it!" Emily shouts as she pulled Jacob to the couch "hey! Let go. I didn't really have a choice" he complains as he sits down

"you could've just stayed home" Ein says making room for Daniel to take a seat too "it's for school, so no, I couldn't" he lets out a sigh, and Micheal gets next to me

"so? Why are there so many people in our house" he complains looking across the room to the others "it's for a school assignment" Daniel answers "why didn't you do it earlier?" He asked , confused "because we forgot about it.." Emily says ashamed.

"That's stupid" he laughs. The others just nod and start laughing as well.

The bell rings again, and Micheal stands up irritated "more people? Seriously" I let out a chuckle and look over to the others to find Emily smirking at me

"What?" I ask, confused "oh nothing"
A second later, Rachel and Adam walk in. Micheal passes them and sits back in his seat on the couch

"is this everyone?" Everyone nods, and it gets silent before Micheal breaks the silence once again

"I didn't know you had this many friends" he says looking down at me "What?" He smirks and looks over to everyone else

"I knew about you three. But he is new" he points at Jacob "he's just here for the project? Right Jacob" Emily says as she leans on him, he pushes her off and leans back in his seat.

"Ok... anyway, you guys have fun, if you need anything, just call me, I'll be in my room" he gets up and walks upstairs

"you didn't tell him yet, did you?" Emily suddenly asks "tell him what?" I ask as I make more room on the couch. "What do you think?" She asks disappointed. I give her a confused look and she looks over to Adam. When I realize what she means, I look away hear her giggle

"Okay guys, enough playing around, let's just start the assignment, you can play when we're done" Daniel says strictly "yes,sir" we all say jokingly. He grabs all the supplies we need from his bag, and we begin doing our work

-

After a few hours, we decided to take a break, we were pretty much done. "We could stop here and finish another day, I mean, we still have a week left" Emily suggests as she take a sip from her glass "we could, but if we just finish now, we'll be done" Ein answers "but I'm tired" Rachel complains as she leans onto Ein.

-

Somehow we all managed to move from our seats on the couch, to my room. We were pretty much all on the floor. I don't really know why, but it's somehow more comfortable to write like that.

I let myself fall on the floor and let out a sigh "can we finish this tomorrow or something" I say as I cover my eyes with my arms

"yes please" Jacob says as he leans his head on my bed "then...what are we going to do for the rest of the day "I look at the clock, and notice that's it's getting pretty late, my parents should be home in a couple of hours.

"Uhm.. we could just talk, or something?" Emily suggest, sounding pretty tired herself "about what?" Daniel asks as he puts all of the supplies away.

"We could talk about Jacob" Emily happily suggests "what? Why me" he asks confused "I mean, we barely know you. And just because we're in this team for school, doesn't mean we can't be friends, right?"
She answers, followed by a smile.

He gets quiet for a bit and looks around the room. He lets out a sigh, but before he could say anything else, Micheal appears in the doorway with a smirk.

"I actually have some questions for all of you"

I lift my arms up to look at him, he looks back and gives me one of his most evil looking grins, and then violently plops on my bed behind me, almost kicking me in the face in the process

"so.. I actually wanted to ask you guys about my brother over here" he begins "where is this going?" I ask spurious, and pretty nervous

"I know you're hiding something from me, I don't know what it is, exactly, or why you're hiding it, but I know there's something going on that you won't tell me" he continues looking down at me, I get up and look at him confused, I hear a light chuckle from across the room, I turn around and immediately know who it is.

Everyone turns and looks at Emily "tell me what you know" she looks at me mischievous, but before she could continue,

I Hear my mother yelling from down stairs "Nathan, Micheal is home, and there's someone here for you" I get up and walk towards the door, Micheal follows me, so does everyone else "who is it?" I start walking downstairs and notice someone standing in front of the door, someone I didn't recognize. "Who are-" "David?!"