《Chapter 33》Shool Dance

Its time. Time for the dance. But why am I suddenly so nervous. I take a deep breath and head downstairs.

As soon as I step foot in the living room, I'm surprised to see my friends standing in front of me.
"What are you-" I ask confused.

"They're here to pick you up," my mom says as she appears from behind me.

"My dad rented a limo!" Emily excitedly says.

"Isn't that a bit much?" I ask. "Of course it is, but it's fine for just this once" she smiles

"Okay guys, come here" my mother yells "let's take a picture before it arrives" She gestures us to the front door, and she leaves the room to go fetch her camera.

As she comes back, we were all neatly lined up in front of the door, as she quickly takes a
picture.

As soon as she lowers the camera, we hear a car honk outside, "oh he's here" Emily excitedly yells as she turns around to open the door.

"Have fun!" My mother says as everyone starts walking outside. I give her a quick hug and walk out to join them.

As soon as I take a step outside I notice the stupidly long car standing in front of my house. "Nathan, hurry up, let's go" Emily yells as she appears out of the roof.

"Yeah, yeah" I take a seat in the back, next to Daniel as Emily and Ein excitedly start looking around. Suddenly the slide opens and a familiar face appears "

"Hey don't break anything back there, this thing is very expensive"

"Dad?! What are you doing in here" Emily asks confused? "You didn't think I was going to let you guys alone in here" he laughs.

"Wouldn't there be a driver...?" She asks "yup, you're looking at him" he smirks.

"Are you serious!" Ein complains "oh come on, it's only for a short while" he reassures "you should be happy I even got this car for just a day"

Both of them let out a sigh and sit down as well "Okay let's go" their father excitedly says as he starts the car.
--
After about 5 minutes, as he said, it's a very short drive, we arrive at the school.

"Okay, have fun" their dad happily says as we step out of the car. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do" he jokes

"Dad, we want to have some kind of fun" Emily smiles. "I get it, I get it. Just go, and don't cause any troubles" he says as he drives off.

"Okay!" Emily yell as she takes a step forward
"It's time to party!"

"YES" Ein and Rachel yell at the same time. "Follow me!" Emily gestures "this way" all three of them start running towards the entrance, excited as heck to go to the dance.

We calmly walk to the entrance too. As soon as we're inside, the music already makes me feel more excited about the whole thing, I may prefer being alone, I do like to party occasionally.

Finding the others again was a bit harder than expected. I knew they'd probably run off as soon as we would be inside, but to be honest, it is kind of annoying.

But we found them pretty easy, guess it's pretty obvious they would already be dancing on the dance floor.

As soon as they notice us, Emily smiles excitedly as she starts running towards me "oh no" I whisper smirking to myself.

"NATHAN. LET'S GO" she smiles as she pulls me onto the dance floor with her. Slightly surprised by her strength, it gets me every time, I join her and slowly start to copy her attempts at dance moves.

Before I knew it I was partying almost as much as they were. I couldn't see where Daniel and Adam went, and every time I tried to go look for them I get pulled back in by Emily.

Luckily after a half-hour of her doing that, she was finally too tired to go on and took a break.

"Phew, I didn't think you would join me," she says as she tried to catch her breath, "you said it yourself 'let's at least have some kind of fun" I smile as I take a sip from the drink I ordered.

"Hey? Have you seen Adam?" Daniel asks as he suddenly joins the table "we thought you were with him?" I ask "well, he was but sort of lost him." She says looking around. "What about Rachel and Ein?" Emily asks. "They're having fun on their own," he says as he points to them dancing to the music along with everyone else.

"You're probably right" I chuckle. "I wonder where he went," Emily says as she stares at me. I stare back at her, but her expression doesn't change. "I-ill go see if I can find him" I quickly drink the rest of my drink and start walking around the room to find him.

After a couple of times circling the same room, I still couldn't find him. So the only option left was outside.

I was hoping to see him as soon as I walked outside, but at first glance, there was no one. would've gone back inside, If I didn't feel so guilty. I let out a sigh and started walking around the school. And when I walked around to the back, I saw him sitting there against the wall.

"Adam?" I asked as I started walking towards him "oh, hi" he quietly said "what are you doing here"

"I could ask the same for you" I smirked "I just- needed some air," he said as he stared at the ground.

I walked over and took a seat next to him "Are you sure" I asked, getting a bit worried. "Yeah really- I'm fine" he smiled as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

It got quiet for a minute until a sound from inside broke the silence. "it looked like you were having fun in there" he giggled.

"Hmm.. well I was." I smile "why didn't you join us," I ask curiously. "I would've just ruined it" he smiles.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused. "I can't dance" he laughs.

I don't believe that."