《Chapter 8 》Date

"Everyone ready to go?"

"Yep"

"Let's go"

It was finally here, but this wasn't how I pictured it

--

It been a week since my offer to go out somewhere with Adam. I was excited and got up earlier because of it. We had decided to meet at the bus stop. From there we would decide where we would go. So I took my phone and some money and headed out.

Put as soon as I walked out side, someone jumped on me. ...don't tell me. "Heeeyyy~~ where are you going~" why today.

As they got off I realized it was Emily, who else? "Why did I know it was you" I pushed her away and walked towards the bus stop. " didn't you hear me? "She asked "where are you going!" She followed me, I tried to ignore her.

"Nathan? Hello? Can you hear me" I stopped and she bumped into me. I sighed and turned around "why are you here?" I asked. "I wanted to hang out!, but I see you already have plans."

"Yeah I do" I turned around and I continued to walk. "What kind of plans?" "none of your business" I kept walking. But it's not easy to ignore this person.

"Why not. I thought I was your friend" "I'm going out. So please go home" I said walking a bit faster. She stopped and looked at me "going out?" I stopped as well "Yeah." For a minute she looked confused, but then suddenly her eyes got bigger.

"Does that mean you got yourself a girlfriend!" She screamed excited "n-no that not it" I panicked. We were pretty close to the bus stop by now, if he's already there, he might hear "then who are you going out with" she smirked " that doesn't matter, go home. " I said pushing her back.

"Are you serious, there's no way I'm letting you go alone, I'm going with you two." I wanted to argue, but I knew I could never win.

We reached the bus stop not much later, he was already there. "Hi-" "oh? It's just Adam, you could've told me" Emily suddenly ran to him "wha-" I slowly joined them

"I'm sorry.. I couldn't win " I said disappointed. "I-it's fine, she can come, or do you not want that.'' "not reall-''

''Of course he does" Emily interrupted "right Nathan!" She looked at me, smirking. "Fiineee" I gave up fighting. Guess we'll have to go alone next time.

-

"So where are you going?" She asked "Uhm, we haven't decide yet" Adam answered I just sat there, i don't really care now that she's here.

"What about we go watch a movie" she suggested "on that sounds fun" Adam said, he looked at me "is that okay with you" i looked up, "I'm fine with anything" he smiled and they started looking up what we could go see.

Once we decided, we waited for the bus. And when it got here. We left.

--

We got there an hour later "phew~ I don't get why you guys like going by bus everyday, that was exhausting" Emily said stretching her arms. "It's actually not that bad" I said pushing her forward.

"really. I don't want to do that again" she said turning around "Well, you still have to go home, but if you don't want to I don't mind if you just walked home" I said jokingly, but I was pretty serious. "what? You don't like having me here" she said with a sad expression "nope." I answered.

She pushed me and I almost fell over. "Hey, What was that for" "for hurting my feelings" she said. She started laughing and I couldn't hold it in either. Adam just stood there, confused.

We started going to the cinema and bought the tickets, we got some snacks and went inside. We all took a seat, I took a seat in the middle and they sat next to me. "So what film did you choose" I ask Emily.

I didn't really care, I just wanted her to leave "it's a horror movie" Adam face turned white "..horror..?" he said, his voice a bit higher "oh cool, what kind of horror?"

"Paranormal" she answered "wh-at" Adam slid down in his seat slightly and the lights started going out. And the movie started.

--

20 minutes In, we were both really enjoying it, but when I looked next to me, Adam seemed really scared "Are you Okay" I whisper to him "not really, I can't handle horror very well" he whispered back.

A big jumpscare on screen made him jump a bit and grabbed my hand, which made me blush "w-whoa.. hey if you want to leave it's okay"

"n-no it's fine, you're enjoying it. And besides, I'm to scared to move right now" "are you sure?" I ask leaning a bit closer "y-yeah".

After 10 more minute, he was still holding on to my hand, he was too scared to notice. Or maybe he was doing it on purpose.

There's no way, I'm just getting my hopes up.

Another big jumpsare, even Emily got scared, and she is never scared of this kind of thing. Adam suddenly learned very close to me, holding on to my arm as if he was the protagonist of the movie "woah..are you really sure you don't want to leave" I ask again.

"I-I think I'd like to go now." He said still holding on. "Hey? We're going to get more snacks", I whispered to Emily "okay" she was focused on the movie, she didn't see Adam hanging onto my arm. I helped him up and we walked back to the main entrance. I got him some water after he took a seat on a bench

"Are you Okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine now, Im sorry" I sat down next him. "Don't apologize, you should've just told me you didn't want this movie" I say, leaning back. "Yeah.."

I looked at him "Are you sure you don't want to just go home, I didn't think she'd come with me" he put down his drink and looked up "no it's really okay, it's fun when there's more people"

"Yeah, but I kind of wanted to be alone" I said looking down "Yeah me too" we faced away from each other, both blushing hard. "listen, About today, do you count this as a da-"

"hey why aren't you coming back in?" Emily suddenly stood in front of us. "Oh uhm" "uh, never mind" she took a seat in between us, almost knocking Adam's water on the ground "

"so what do you want to do now" Adam asked catching his water "I don't know, lets just go home" she said leaning her head back "really? You want to go home?" I ask, hoping we could be alone "no but, what do you want to do?" She said still looking up.

"I mean, we could go into town" Adam suggested "Yeah! Let's do that" Emily suddenly jumped up "come on" I looked over to Adam, he looked back and smiled. I think he might actually like this.

--

We were walking through town for about 5 minutes. Going into some stores, or just walking around and talking to each other. But after a while we all got a bit hungry and started thinking about somewhere to go to eat.

"Let's go to a fancy restaurant" Emily excitingly said "woah, slow down. I didn't bring that much money" I said putting my arms up in defense.

"aw really. But where do we go then?" She sad back into normal mode "we could go get takeout?" Adam asked "I mean, yeah but I wanted to be fancy" she complained "you can be fancy with your brother, lets-"

"Let's go there!!" She pointed, but before I couldn't see where she was pointing, she grabbed my arm and started walking fast "hey, where are we going slow dow-" she pulled me hard, and I crashed into someone, I fell over and when I looked what happened I see a girl on the ground too "I'm sorry are you ok-"

"Hey, watch out where you're going!" I heard a male voice..