《Chapter 16》Explanations

"Adam, are you here?" I get up and when I turn around, I see Rachel standing in the door "are you kidding me" angry she walks out and Adam gets up to follow her. I slowly get up and see them outside the window. I open it and listen to their conversation.

"Hey! Wait" Adam runs up to her and grabs her hand "What?" She quickly turns around, still angry. "There's something I want to tell you." I got nervous myself, maybe I should help him.

I wanted to go up but before I could I heard him already saying it "Nathan and I... are dating" Rachel crossed her arms and looks at him.

"Yeah... I know" he looks away and she continues "it's okay.. I'm not angry.." he looks up, confused "then why did you react like this"

"Well, I wasn't really expecting to find out like that" Adam chuckles and Rachel smiles "I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again" they hug and I see them both walk back upstairs.

They walk inside and look at me, sitting on the floor "what are you doing?" Rachel asks confused. "Huh? Oh, nothing" I get up and walk over to them, "I told her.." Adam answers "I know" I look at Rachel, she smiles "I'm gonna go home now, okay?" She looks at Adam and he nods.

She walks out and closes the door. Adam walks past me and falls down on his bed, he lets out a big sigh and I sit next to him "that's one down." I say he looks at me and closes his eyes "Yeah... I guess"

The rest of the day we just hung out in his room, thinking about how we would tell everyone, we decided to tell most of the people at school, as soon as possible. In other words, tomorrow.

Around 5 pm I went home. I went straight to my room and just thought about how I should tell this to my mom.

The next morning I quickly ate and collected my stuff, and went straight to school. I met up with everybody as soon as I walked in "hey? Is everything okay? You seemed worried yesterday?" Emily asked "Yeah, it's okay now" I smile and walk towards an empty table. Suddenly Rachel joins us out of nowhere

"oh, hi," Ein says as she sits down "hi.." she answers back and I stare at her for a bit "what?" She asks, looking at me confused "nothing. I turn around and see Adam walking towards us.

He takes a seat and we all stay quiet for a bit. I see Emily staring at us, as if she had something to say, but did know-how. I suddenly feel an arm poking my side, I look at Adam, trying to make me start the conversation. But before I could say anything, the bell rang and they all got up. I look back at him, he chuckles and gets up as well.

"Okay class, today I have a special announcement" we walk in and as soon as we all sit down the teacher asks for our attention.

"Tomorrow we're going on a field trip" the whole class is quiet and all stares to the front of the classroom in excitement.
"It's going to be for a couple of days, so we'll need to make some rules" the teacher gets up and gives us all a sheet of paper. "

"Okay, So because it's going to be for a couple of days, 3 to be exact, we'll need to set up some groups. You'll be able to do all the activities as a group. But sleeping will be separate"

I look around, everyone is already talking to each other about teams.
Daniel leans in "hey, wanna be a team with everyone" I look in front of me, where Ein And Emily sit, they're already looking back, listening for my reaction. I nod "how many people can be in a group?"

"Good question, Nathan" the teacher suddenly walks past me "the maximum people who can be in a group is 8" I look back at them "we have 4 so far?" Daniel whispers to me "Yeah... I guess" "I think we should see If we can find other people... otherwise the teacher might put people with us we don't even like," Emily says. She's right, if we don't choose we might end up fighting or ignoring each other.

"Maybe we can ask Rachel" Ein suggests, I look at him surprised "how do you know Rachel" he looks away and shrugs "well, it not that weird to know your classmates, is it" I look at him suspiciously "oh, that's right. We can ask Adam too" Emily interrupts "Well, that's 6.. we need two more," Daniel says looking at the paper "

"yeah, but who" everyone starts walking, so Emily gets up as well. She walks over to Adam and Rachel and I see her asking, they both nod, and she comes running towards us. "They accept"

"Okay? As you guys are so busy talking, and not listening to my story. I assume you all have your teams set up already?" The whole class happily answers and teams have already started forming in the room.

"Well I guess we don't need anybody else," Emily says, sounding a bit disappointed. "Oh, you're alone?" I hear the teacher talk to someone, sitting all alone in front of the room "does everyone have 8 people already?" The teacher asks looking around.

"No, we're with 6," Emily says raising her hand "what are you doing, I thought we didn't want someone we don't know in our group" I whisper leaning over my table "it's just one person"  she gives me a push, and I fall back down in my chair "would you mind if this guy over here joined you guys" they continue pointing down at the student. "Sure, it's fine"

"Okay then, that's done, you can all sit with your group and look over all the information on the paper in front of you. If you have any more questions, you can ask me, or any of the other teachers"

They sit down and everyone starts sitting at each other tables. Everyone starts talking excitedly and planning on where they were meeting. "Hey, move over" my chair suddenly gets pushed to the side, and Rachel forces her seat next to me.

Adam gets down next to her too and Emily gets up to ask the guy in the front "does he really need to join" I complain pushing Rachel slightly to the side "what's wrong with it, meeting new people is fun right?" Daniel answers, still reading the paper. I sigh and Emily has already brought him over "hey guys, this is Jacob"

"Hey..."