What twist mind I possess!

He thought, leaving his place and start taking steps towards the balcony, where she normally goes when she is upset.

You cried Kanwal because you wanted to get close to me. You cried because I have drawn a margin which you are not allowed to cross. You cried because you wanted a family, our family, yet...

~*~

Out of nowhere, two arms appeared from each side of Kanwal and cornered her to the balcony wall.

"You never say you love me." Startled by his sudden appearance, she abruptly turned around and comes face to face with Ahad.

"Kanwal, your tears told me that you love me. But I want to hear it from your mouth."

"What?" Kanwal narrowed her eyes at him.

"Tell me that you love me." He continues when Kanwal remained silent, "Just once... please?"

"What will happen if I say?"

"I will be happy." He said with a genuine smile.

"Then I will not."

His smile suddenly dropped, "You are toying with me now."

"Following your footsteps."

"Why are you being so stubborn? I am just asking you to confess your love."

She said after a long pause, "...You always talked about your right as husband Ahad and always demands from me but you know this is the main problem with men nowadays. They remember their rights but tend to forget the rights of the wife. If I have duties towards you then you also have the duty to explain the situation to me until I am satisfied because in this relation it is always a woman who makes the most compromises, she leaves her life for the person she married and give her all to him but in return, all she wants is surety and satisfaction that she is offering her love and herself to the right person. Unfortunately, I am unable to get any kind of surety from you and about my confession." She stepped closer to Ahad and hold his both sleeves, "I love you, more then the words can describe and here I draw the line, I will never ask anything from you again, I will give you my love, my loyalty, my obedience but you will not have my trust." She said in a soft tone before brushing her lips on his and turn away to the other side.

She looked at the sun which is about to set with a determination in her eyes.

I give up and leave him, me and our relation to Allah...

A loud unsteady breath leaves her mouth in the silence, as Ahad put his head on Kanwal's shoulder.

~*~

Kanwal's behaviour changes a bit after that day, which was unfathomable to Ahad. She wasn't complaining about anything, not asking anything nor even avoiding him. She sits with him while watching television, talks to him properly if he asked something and even smile now and then. Ahad tried to figure out the reason behind this sudden change, but couldn't find anything. When his endurance reached its limits he finally asked her.

"I leave everything on Allah, Ahad. So now I am in peace."

That was the answer he got from her with a warm smile.

"So it bothers you that she is normal now?" Natasha asked Ahad raising her brows.

"Do you think its normal? How can someone change so suddenly? It is like I sleep with her and the next morning I find another person in the same body."

"Sometimes it happens." Natasha said with a knowing smile, "Anyways, lets come to the main point why I called both of you here."

On this both Moosa and Ahad turn their full attention towards Natasha, "I was talking to Ama-bi yesterday and she told me something I thought to share with you."

"Is it related t Yawar?" Moosa asked abruptly.

"Spare him for a moment Moosa, there is no need for you to doubt him every time." Natasha made a displeased face and Moosa looked away. The more he cared about Yawar, the more he gets worried about him too. Although, he never caused any major problems for him, yet due to Yawar's nature and young age he couldn't help himself on getting worried.

"It is about Shahina, Ama-bi told me that she is quite disturbed lately because she met her sister in college."

"What? When?" Moosa asked hastily.

"Two days ago, in the sports week of her college when another college sports team visited to play a match."

"So, what is the problem here?" Asked Ahad.

"Her sister recognize Shahina and inquired her about us."

"Oh!" Ahad straightened on the seat.

Of course, Shahina cannot tell her sister about Moosa and his work. She was told to keep it a secret from everyone in college and she was also smart enough to understand the reason.

There was a silence of a few minutes, both Ahad and Moosa were thinking and Natasha was waiting for their responses. Shahina came to this house with the rescue team who freed few children from the local red-light district and she was supposed to go back to her family soon. But in all of the kids, she was the one who was abused the most, to the point that if they hadn't taken her to the hospital she would've died there. It took her days to recover from her injuries but was mentally unstable and unable to give any information about her family. The only words came out of her mouth was pleadings of not hurting her. Looking to her state, Natasha refused to send her in an orphanage and since then, both Natasha and Moosa were her family.

"I think it will be better if she stays away from the main house for a few days." Ahad finally broke the silence.

"I agree, Nats please talk to Shahina about it." Moosa said to Natasha and excused himself.

"He is more sensitive about Shahina then he is about Yawar." Said Ahad, gazing at the door where Moosa left.

"You are one to talk," Natasha chuckled, "You are also extra careful with Shahina, yet you never miss a chance to annoy Yawar."

Ahad laughed and say, "Yawar is a boy and he doesn't have a past like Shahina. Other than this, she is a very sweet kid with a very kind timid heart."

"Indeed and to Moosa, she is like one of his sister whom he lost, so it's natural for him being sensitive."

"Hm, then I ask Kanwal to prepare a room for her." Said Ahad reaching for his phone, "That woman really starting to give me a creep now."

"You are scared because she doesn't argue with you?"

"Its been raining over me with thunderstorm for several months and suddenly the sky get cleared and the weather becomes sunny. Anyone would be startled."

Natasha laughed before saying, "Your explanation is really amusing, but Ahad. Aren't you and I smilier to her? Both you and I once walked on the path where we find ourselves getting more lost with each step we take and it was same in the Kanwal's case. Then there is a moment when we got so tired of thinking and analyzing life that our minds stopped working and that is the moment when you reach out for your creator and He puts your mind in peace. Then a person is able to break free from the prison of his worries. Just like you and me, you also break free and join Black Eagles and so did I."

The peaceful look on Natasha's face made him remember the day he made the decision, it was just one moment. Like Natasha said, just one moment and the direction of his whole life changed.

______________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Sorry again for the short and late update. Actually, I forgot to update this chapter here after publishing it to Inkitt. ^^'

Next chapter will be updated in Ramazan Inshallah. Therefore, I wish 'Ramazan Mubarak' to everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Follow me on Instagram 'Laila-mehtaab' for news about the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)