Chapter # 14

Salam and hello everyone!

Dedicating this chapter to all passengers of flight PK-661. Who lost their lives in the plane crash, may Allah forgive them and they rest in peace. My salute to the pilot and co-pilot, for taking the plane away from the populated area as their last effort, saving many lives. True heroes. And a special tribute to Junaid Jamshed who also lost his life in the crash. Thank you, JJ for giving us 'Dil Dil Pakistan', you will always live in every Dil (heart) of Pakistan. :(

All JJ fans, always remember his massage

Hamain rehna hai apni sarzameen ka paasbaan ban kar
Nabi ki hai dua fath-e-mubeen ka ek nishaan ban kar

__________________________________

A strange feeling kept Kanwal restless the whole time from the Walima venue to home, yet she didn't ask the question which became the cause of this state. On the other hand, Ahad was rather enjoying himself. He was aware of Kanwal's condition but didn't try to clear her confusion. He rather liked her being in this situation. Her puzzled expressions clearly show her concerns, giving Ahad a satisfying feeling. The bitterness from this morning is completely faded because of a simple stupid comment Ahad made to irritate Yawar. He didn't think it would affect Kanwal more than its original target, but Ahad is glad.

He didn't approach Kanwal after coming home and Kanwal silently went to sleep after being irritated on her own restlessness.

"Silly girl." Ahad murmured, sitting beside her on the bed and kissed her forehead. When he pulled back, he found Kanwal looking at him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up." Ahad said, stroking her hair.

Kanwal stared into his eyes for a moment before turning to the other side and close her eyes.

Little patience...

Ahad thought, inhaling a deep breath and wrapped his arm around her after lying beside. Kanwal's body stiffened and relaxed slowly when his arm remains in the same place. Watching her relaxed, Ahad buries his face in her back and close his eyes.

The line between hate and love is thin and Ahad had already made his mind to bring her back to his side of the line, back to him.

~*~

"I want to call home." Kanwal said during breakfast with Ahad.

Kanwal woke up early in the morning and searched every corner of the mansion but found no sign of landline phone, nor had she seen her phone after coming home from convocation. Kanwal wanted to call home and Maaz too. The promise she had made him kept was to convince her parents to leave Shareefabad, even better if they leave the city. Take away Alina from a place like this and send her to a boarding school if necessary, because as a sister, Kanwal doesn't want Alina to have a future like hers.

"Why?" Ahad paused for a moment before asking.

In response, Kanwal looked at him like he had lost his mind.

"I want to talk to her." Kanwal kept her eyes on him but Ahad didn't even glance at her.

"About what?"

"What do you mean about what? I want to know how is everyone." She frowned.

"Everyone is fine."

"How do you know?"

"That's a quite silly question when you know the position I hold in Black Eagles." Ahad answered calmly.

Kanwal cringed at the name of Black Eagles, "So you really keep eyes on my family?"