Chapter # 22

Not edited.

Kanwal recalled everything Shumaila told her but still, she couldn't digest all of it. To begin with, she was unable to believe that Shumaila was a part of Black Eagles from the start and yet she told her that every student taken away by Black Eagles are living a normal life. It was hard for her to believe, perhaps her perceptions of the gang built from years stopping her from doing so.

Later that night Ahad tried to inquire her about the conversation between her and Shumaila. But Kanwal didn't open her mouth, they also had small bickering too. Still, for some reason, he avoided the option of asking Shumaila. The next day Ahad left for the work early in the morning, therefore, taking advantage of the situation Kanwal called Shumaila and asked her to meet during the lunchtime.

After marrying Ahad, Kanwal had changed considerably. She has become conscious of every single person and things happened around her and tried her best to take notice of the details as much as possible. Thinking that Shumaila could be a help in digging some information, Kanwal didn't forget to exchange phone numbers with her. Soon the minutes of wait ended and Shumaila came to meet her. But the look on her face wasn't as fresh as yesterday. She was pale and somewhat panics like she has seen a ghost just now.

"Shumaila baji, what's wrong?" Kanwal quickly brought a glass of water for her.

"Kanwal, something terrible is about to happen." She quickly took the glass and drink it all in one go.

"What do you mean?"

"Kanwal, Mahnoor is getting married today."

"WHAT????"

"Yes, I don't believe it either but this news broke to me just now and I came rushing to you. Her family shouldn't have done that. They are trying to do her Nikkah in so much secrecy, but our men got suspicious when they saw Qazi (priest) going into the house and what have I heard that no one has come out from the house yet. Kanwal, Moosa Bhai is going to wipe out Mahnoor's whole family. They shouldn't have done this, they made a great mistake." Kanwal kept pacing around in the room while telling Kanwal the whole situation. On the other hand, Kanwal was staring at her with a blank face unable to fathom what Shumaila was saying.

"Listen, I have an idea." Shumaila stopped near Kanwal and rushed back to the sofa where she put her bag.

"Call Mahnoor right now. Tell her to not to agree to Nikah, if she wants the safety of her family." She said quickly finding her number and hand over the phone to Kanwal.

"Hurry up, talk to her." Shumaila put the phone on Kanwal's ear who was standing before her, still in complete shock.

"Mahnoor..., I heard from someone just now that... today is your Nikah. Is it true?" Kanwal breathed out as soon as she heard Mahnoor's voice.

"Listen, I really wanted to tell you bu" Kanwal didn't let Mahnoor finished the sentence and said, "Is it true or not?"

"It's true!" Kanwal's panic grew as she heard Mahnoor's answer in affirmative.

"Ya Allah! Mano, listen. No matter what happens, don't sign the Nikah papers."

"Kanwal, it's already done. But why" She gasped, turning to Shumaila but she was looking somewhere behind her.

"Listen to me very carefully, leave town right now! All of you! hurry!" Kanwal practically screamed.

"Kanwal, what do you mean? Why are you saying that?" Kanwal opened her mouth to answer her, but instantly someone snatched the phone from behind. She abruptly turned around and saw Ahad standing behind her.