Chapter# 38

I know I am extremely late, but... Ramazan Mubarak :)

Unedited.

~*~

Pacing back and forth in his study, Ahad once again glanced at the wall clock. It was 2 a.m. in the morning and sleep was nowhere near him. He was anxiously waiting for Sarmad's next report. An hour ago he received the dreadful news of the attack on the venue where the negotiation should be held today and the unit of Black Eagles went with Moosa lost their contact with them. The news spread like a wildfire among the members. All of the authoritative personnel of black Eagle were contacted on Ahad's order. The field workers were also told to be alerted from any outside activates. The whole working body of the gang was on the move, including Natasha. She and Yawar were called back to Shareefabad.

For the time being Ahad and Natasha decided to keep this news a secret until they get the confirmed status. Yawar was to be reported to Ahad on his arrival so he can be filled in with his role for the next few days. He was chosen to be the third in command of the Black Eagles and this was the time for him to prove his worth. Knowing that Yawar is an over sensitive person and can easily be swayed by emotions. He was ordered by Natasha to maintain distance from the Main House and she will the one to keep things in check there.

Thinking while walking, it wasn't Ahad habit and his legs were starting to get numb, but he still refused to sit. His whole body was tense and uneasiness could be seen in his eyes. Being a quick thinker he already explored all the options with the information he had till now but he couldn't stop worrying about Moosa. A part of him continuously blaming himself for letting him go on such a dangerous mission.

I should've stopped him!

What would I do if something happens to him???

What would I tell tigress? That I let him go knowing how dangerous it was?

Will he be alright? or history will repeat itself???

A chill ran down through his spine, remembering the day he dragged Arsalan for an outing and he never made it to home alive. He was there the whole time but wasn't able to save his best friend. Ahad blamed himself for Arsalan's death and it took a very long time from getting over with that guilt. Now, once again he felt the same pang in his heart that he might fail to save Moosa.

I should've stopped him!

~*~

'There were no survivals and the dead bodies are unrecognizable.'

Sarmad's report was more horrific than Ahad imagined. The whole venue of the meeting collapsed from explosives. No evidence remains to be sure who was inside the building.

Ahad's head was now spinning because of overthinking. He didn't know how to convey this news to others but he somehow managed to tell Yawar and unexpectedly, he digested it calmly. Way too calmly that it worried Ahad but for now there were more matters to be worried about. Yawar requested him to not to tell Natasha or any other ladies in the house and Ahad agreed to it. He also didn't have the courage to say it.

"Ahad? Is everything alright?" His eyes shot open as soon as he heard Kanwal's voice.

"Why are you up at this time?"

"I was thirsty... But why do you looked so worried?"

Instead of answering Kanwal's question, he leaned back to his seat behind his glass office table of the study and closed his eyes.

"Ahad is everything alright?" Kanwal asked again as she approached him.

The deep frown on Ahad forehead told that there was something bothering him but what had happened. She wanted to know.