Chapter# 15

☆☆☆☆☆ Naya Saal Bohat Bohat Mubarak ho (very happy new year) ☆☆☆☆☆

~*~

Furious at the sight of Ahad with another girl, Kanwal barged into the bedroom and start pacing around. She wasn't sure what irritated her the most, him leaving her at home alone, coming home with an unknown young girl, or not allowing her to contact her family. All she knew that she was angry and wanted to take her anger out on someone or something. Therefore, she grabbed a pillow from the bed and take out all of her frustration on it.

After a while, she calmed down a little. Kanwal's brain started to think properly and the question that popped up in her mind was who is the girl that came with Ahad? And why didn't Ahad come to her?

Unable to find the answers on her own, Kanwal thought of going out to ask directly. She didn't fear Ahad, so there was no reason for her to sit back and not question him. Slowly, she got up from the bed and made her way to the living room, where she found Shahina watching television alone.

On feeling another presence in the room, Shahina turned her face to the entrance and find Kanwal standing there. Her eyes were roaming around the room like she was looking for something.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Bhabi." Shahina said and Kanwal got startled on hearing the word 'Bhabi' from a girl's mouth. Because the only person who called her 'Bhabi' was Ayan, so she wasn't used to hearing the word from anyone else.

"Wallaikum Assalam." Kanwal didn't understand why the girl called her 'Bhabi', but she answered her Salam either way and turned her face to look for Ahad in the room.

"Ahad Bhai went out for some work. He asked me to tell you he'd be back early." Guessing Kanwal's searching gaze, Shahina answered her.

"Like I care." Kanwal scoffed.

On her tone, Shahina glanced at her and quickly lowered her head.

"Who are you?" Kanwal asked, looking at the skinny girl before her. Tanned skin, black hair tied in a braid, wearing a printed green shirt with light pink trousers and dupatta covering most of her hair. She looked a few years younger than her, but the look on her face showed that she was mature than her age.

"I am Shahina." Shahina answered.

"I know your name. What I want to know is who are you to Ahad?" Kanwal couldn't help her tone from being slightly strict.

"I am... Ahad Bhai's daughter." She answered awkwardly.

"WHAT?" Kanwal couldn't get her point.

"I am Ahad Bhai's daughter." Shahina repeated her, thinking that she might not have heard her right.

"Huh???"

"I am Ahad Bhai's daughter." Shahina said again, but this time a little louder so her voice would reach Kanwal clearly.

"You don't have to repeat again and again." Kanwal got a little irritated.

"Sorry." Shahina lowered her head again.

There was a minute of silence, while Kanwal waited for Shahina to say something else to explain what she meant earlier, but she merely remained standing still, looking down.

"You can sit, you know." Said Kanwal. The awkward situation was starting to make her confused.

"Yes." Said Shahina, but she stayed still.

"Uh? ...um ....what I mean is, you should sit down now." Kanwal said, looking completely confused.

"Huh? ...oh! Sorry." She said and abruptly sat down.