Chapter # 24

Unedited.

Kanwal woke up on hearing someone talking close to her ear. As per her habit, she quickly opened her eyes but found no one except Ahad, sleeping beside her. Thinking it might be her imagination she was about to close her eyes when she heard the same voice again and this time she was able to recognize Ahad's voice but couldn't make out the words left his mouth. It is the first time Kanwal hearing him talking in sleep. Unintentionally, she leaned forward and waited for him to speak again. Moments passed and Ahad didn't say anything after that yet a small frown formed on his face.

Is he having a nightmare?

Thought Kanwal, as she slowly caressed his forehead and hairs. The frown on Ahad face disappeared like her touch chased away the nightmare he was having. A satisfied smile creeps on Kanwal's face as she stared her husband face. After a few minutes when she was sure that Ahad now sleeping a deep peaceful sleep, she pulled her hand to set the blanket on him but it was suddenly grabbed. Startled, Kanwal raised her gaze and fine Ahad looking at her.

"Don't leave me." He said staring into her eyes.

"I am not." She abruptly responded to him and cover him properly with the blanket.

Ahad kept his eyes fixed on Kanwal and as soon as she puts her head on the pillow, he moved towards her and embraced her.

"Thank you." Kanwal heard Ahad's voice followed by a kiss on her head and soon he fell asleep again.

It is hopeless... I am hopeless...\

No matter what, I can't escape from my feelings...

A deep sigh comes out from her mouth as she closed her eyes too.

The attitude Kanwal was trying to put up against him was useless. She came to realize long ago that is was only her stubbornness which forcing her to keep the walls up against Ahad because he was still avoiding to open up about many things she wanted to know. But most of the matters didn't bother her anymore. The tiny bit of hatred she felt about him has vanished before she could realize it was gone. She was starting to get accustomed to Ahad's presence, his care, his teasing, his taunting, his love and every little thing he does whether it concerns her or not. The way he talks, the way dressed up, the way he carries himself, his smile, everything fascinates her. She noticed every little detail about him like a fangirl of a celebrity. She didn't know that the old Ahad she loved has the same traits as him. Was he always this handsome? Did he always carry the charisma he has now? She was slowly getting blinded by him, unable to see any flaws in him anymore and deep inside her heart she was happy to be his partner and to be loved by him.

It amazed her how easily she settled into this life. Although she refuses to go out with Ahad every time he asked her to accompany him to an official event. Still, she was handling smoothly the role she has as the wife of Ahad. Without any hesitation, she can boss around the men work under Ahad, whether they are housemaids or his guards.

Perhaps the blank canvas of my life was waiting to be painted by him...

Was the last thought came into Kanwal'smind before she went to sleep.

~*~

Ahad was staring at his wife with wide eyes, as she prepared breakfast for him. Ahad usually didn't wake her up and eat it alone but today for some reason he found Kanwal in the kitchen when he came out of the bathroom.

Am I dreaming and this hallucination is real?

He wanted to pinch himself to be sure but instead of doing it he walked over to Kanwal and embraced her gently from the back. She slightly jumped and turn her face to him.