Chapter # 19

Not edited.

"Listen carefully, Papa and I have already found a suitable place for everyone to move. On Friday night I will take Khala (mother's sister) and Alina to our home. Next day Khalo (khala's husband) will go directly to the house with some important household stuff. The furniture and remaining things would be left here, for time being. I will try my best to keep the promise I had made to you. Alina is also my sister and so are you..."

Maaz's words echoed in Kanwal's mind, as she sat on the bench in lawn and stares at the sun getting down on the west. Her father will also leave Shareefabad and soon her family would be in a safe location. Far away from here, where there would be no Black Eagles and Alina will live her life freely, chose the career she likes and marries someone better than a criminal.

Kanwal let out a heavy sigh and got up, as Azaan start echoing in the atmosphere. She took each step slowly looking at her mansion type cage, where she is trapped forever.

"Bhabi!" Kanwal heard a voice from behind and find the same big guard from the other day coming towards her. Kanwal tried to recall his name but couldn't remember.

"Ahad Bhai's wants to talk to you." He said giving his phone to her.

Kanwal didn't like this at all. She feels somewhat humiliated that she wasn't trusted by Ahad. She often thought that what these guards would think that why I am not allowed to have a phone and what's more, that the landline phone connection was removed after their wedding.

"Hello?" Kanwal turned around to hide the frown formed on her face.

"Assalam o Alaikum?" She heard Ahad's voice.

"Wallaikum Assalam!"

"Someone isn't in a good mood." Ahad shot a comment.

"Do you need anything?" Kanwal seethed.

"Yes, three words of the love confession." She wanted to slam the phone on the wall after hearing Ahad's answer.

Flirting with his wife on employee phone. What's wrong with him???

Thought Kanwal.

"Just tell me the reason, what do you need." She tried to remain calm.

Ahad sighed before saying, "Go to my study room. Open the right cabinet behind my desk. There is a brown colour file in there without any tags on it and Give that to Jahangir."

"...Okay." Kanwal said reluctantly. It is the first time Ahad was asking her to do something for him before he just irritates her by asking her to cook for him.

"Thanks. I will come home late tonight. Allah Hafiz." He said quickly and hung up.

"Allah Hafiz." Kanwal mumbled and return the phone to Jahangir.

"I will search the file after Maghrib Namaz (prayer/salat)" Kanwal said to him. Jahangir nodded in acknowledgement and left.

~*~

Kanwal has seen Ahad's study several times but she never thought that finding a single file in his cabinet would take this long. She kept cursing herself for not asking the exact location of the cabinet and because of it, she has been searching for more than twenty minutes and still, she hasn't succeeded. After a few more minutes, she finally found it in the last cabinet. Where file lying on the front shelf, along with something she never expects to found there. On the very corner of the shelf, there was her phone and the watch that Abdul Rafay gave him.

I remember giving the watch to Maaz and my phone...

Thought Kanwal staring at both watch and phone while holding the file in hand.