Chapter# 4

Salam and hello everyone!

Eid Mubarak to all Muslims around the globe.

As promised an update on Eid.

Enjoy Eid and the chapter, and also don;t forget those, who are working even today away from their families :)

_______________________________

In a state of panic, Mahnoor immediately dashed towards the ground where she left Hammad. She didn't even bother to ask who informed the boy about her brother. She was almost completely out of breath by the time she reached the ground. Her feet halted and her eyes widened at the view before her, as relief wash over her. Mahnoor could see her brother teaching Alina how to handle a flying kite, with the same fresh expression he always held on his face.

For a moment, she stared at their happy faces, until the image of Ahad and Kanwal flashed back into her mind.

Ya Allah Kanwal...!

And once again, Mahnoor starts running back to Kanwal.

~*~

"What do you want to talk about?" Kanwal asked, looking back at the crowd. She starts getting worried about Mahnoor and the others. They might possibly be searching for her.

"Marry me, Kanwal... Upcoming Saturday." Kanwal's head snapped towards Ahad as her mind registered the words he said.

Not a single word came out of her mouth, as she stared at him in utter disbelieve.

Ahad sighed, before stepping closer to Kanwal and called her, "Kanwal?"

She snapped out of her daze on hearing her name and abruptly took a step back to create distance, which didn't go unnoticed by Ahad. A scowl formed on his face but he refrained himself from commenting. He may have forgotten within these past months of how much distance he should be maintaining with women, as he was continuously being surrounded by women who don't share the same cultural values as him. But surely Kanwal is different from those girls and Ahad shouldn't be expecting anything less from her, yet he didn't like it even a bit. He didn't like the fact that she stepped away, nor does he like the fact that he is still a stranger to her.

"Kanwal,... I know it's too much to ask. You might think I'm hasting and that we shouldn't be going against our parents, but we don't have other choices. I often leave the country for work and it will take days, weeks or sometimes mont-"

"What work?" Kanwal didn't let him complete his sentence.

"My business... I own a huge business and it is spread within various countries of the world."

"Is it legal?" Kanwal asked, looking into his eyes.

"What?" The question caught Ahad off guard. He never thought that the shy Kanwal he was engaged to could be so bold.

"Tell me that your business is legal, that your money is Halal, and that it has nothing to do with the Black Eagles." Kanwal said in a single breath. She is about to hear the truth from his own mouth, on which her whole life is depended on.

Their relationship depends on it...

Ahad didn't reply instantly. He averted his gaze from Kanwal's face and looked the other way, as though he is gathering his thought on something.

"I... am a part of the Black Eagles, Kanwal. In fact, I am the second in command." After a sigh, he broke this news to Kanwal. Her face paled, and once again, she felt the loss of words. Being a part of the Black Eagles is understandable, doing illegal business is understandable, but being second in command is something she never thought of, even in her dreams... and then it suddenly hit her.