Chapter# 3

Salam and hello everyone!

An early update.
Dedicated to Amjad Sabri Sahab.

"Karam mangta hoon, ataa mangta hoon.... Illahi main tujhse dua mangta hoon..."

The voice snatched from us. Another victim of terrorism, another star has fallen from the sky...

He is not with us today, but his voice, his message of love and his kindness will always remain with us as long as we live, as long as Qawwali exists. :(

May his soul rest in peace. (Ameen)

~*~

Kanwal tried to contact Ahad in the past week so many times that she lost count. However, not even once had he contacted her after that. His number was switched off again.

As the days passed by, Kanwal is getting more and more anxious about the thought that she had made Ahad angry and he might leave her.

Kanwal hadn't lost her hope that things will work out. It may be an illusion, but she wants to stick to it for a little longer. At least until the moment, he decides to tell the truth himself.

"Kanwal." Someone shook her violently and brought Kanwal back to reality.

"Huh? What?" She looked to her right and find Mahnoor glaring at her.

"If you are awake, then get out of the car. We're already late." Mahnoor said angrily.

"Oh, sorry." Kanwal quickly opened the door and steps out.

Mahnoor dragged her to the Basant Night. Since the Black Eagles took hold, it became a tradition in Shareefabad to celebrate events like Basant, and many others.

Both Kanwal and Mahnoor aren't the type who enjoys festivals like Basant, but this year, Mahnoor dragged Kanwal to join it.

Both of them slowly made their way to the main ground, where Hammad had already started flying kite and Alina was standing beside him, holding extra kites.

Both Mahnoor and Kanwal tried to fit into the environment and enjoy but was unable to.

"Are we going to cheer them up for flying high and cutting others' kites or measure the length of threads?" Kanwal asked helplessly when she is starting to get bored.

"Let's go to the food stalls and try something." Mahnoor said with excitement.

"Good idea, I think I saw a stall with Gole Gappe." Kanwal said, looking around for the stall.

"Hyn? Such main (really)?" Mahnoor's eyes widened, "Bhai, we are going to buy Gole Gappe. Alina, are you coming?"

"Alina isn't going, I will treat her later. You two can go, but keep your phones with you." Hammad said the last part in a strict tone.

"Sure." Both Mahnoor and Kanwal said in unison.

"Alina, are you sure you're not coming?" Mahnoor asked once again.

"No, I'll stick with Bhai." Alina answered.

"See, that's a true sister." Hammad pats Alina's head.

Mahnoor rolled her eyes and they start walking towards the stall.

~*~

Ahad's car was right behind Hammad's when they reached the ground. But he didn't haste to reach Kanwal. He wants to talk to her, alone and he needed a proper timing. Until then, he silently watches Kanwal from a corner, where lights didn't reach.