It's been 30 minutes, just get out of the car, you tell yourself as your hands grip the steering wheel of your car, which is firmly parked in the parking lot outside your's and Ethan's shared apartment. Closing your eyes briefly, you take a few deep breaths, and step out of your car. For the first time in four days, you turn on your phone and look at all the notifications.

Ethan: please come back
Ethan: I miss you so much
Ethan: it doesnt feel like home without you here
Ethan: I miss us
Ethan: I found this stupid meme today that would've made you laugh, it made me think of you
Ethan: this place is so quiet without you
Ethan: I love you, please remember that
Ethan: Im sorry for everything

Your heart fractures inside your chest, and without sparing any time to think about it, you dial Ethan's number and begin walking into the apartment building. He picks up on the second ring.
"(Y/N)?" The way his voice cracks causes your fractured heart to shatter into a million pieces, and the sniffle that follows it only causes you more pain. He's crying.
"Hey Ethan." You speak softly, trying to keep your tone even as you walk out of the elevator and make your way to the front door of your apartment.
"A-Are you coming back soon?" Ethan asks, sounding almost like he's pleading with you, and he has no idea you're already here.
You knock on the door, but get no response.
"Come open the door you goof!" You giggle, and in an instant you hear Ethan scrambling around on his end of the phone.
Less than a moment later, the front door is pulled open, and the love of your life stands in front of you. Even with his hair messy, his eyes red and puffy, and his tear stained cheeks, your heart still sings at the sight of him, and you cant help but smile. Ethan's phone falls from his hand in shock, and suddenly you're pulled into his warm embrace. Your brain doesnt even consider feeling shocked, you instantly melt into his arms and cling to him, both of you crying into each other.
"Please, please dont go again!" Ethan begs.
You shake your head into his chest "I wont, not ever."
He reluctantly pulls away from you, but his hands grab yours, and he looks at you with fearful eyes "I...I want to show you something."
You smile at him encouragingly "What is it?"
Ethan doesnt respond, instead he turns around and walks back into the apartment, pulling you by the hand like a scared child showing his parents the monster under the bed. You kick the apartment door shut as you follow after him, and he takes you into your shared bedroom, then gestures for you to sit down on the bed. Ethan briefly leaves the room, and returns a few seconds later with his ukulele. He sits down beside you on the bed, and noticeably avoids eye contact.
"I-I wrote you a song..." His voice is quiet, nervous, and you can see how distraught he's been over you not being here.
You gently turn his head to look at you and you smile at him warmly "It's ok, Im right here."
Ethan sniffles at your words, then nods, looks down at his ukulele, and starts strumming. As soon as he starts singing, the rest of the universe melts away, and all you can focus on are the words leaving Ethan's lips.
"Tell me,
Tell me that you want me,
And I'll be yours completely,
For better or for worse." He clears his throat after he sings the first few lines, his voice shaky as he continues to avoid eye contact with you.
"I know,
We'll have our disagreements,
Be fighting for no reason.
I wouldn't change it for the world." For the first time since you got here, Ethan smiles slightly, and glances at you for just a second, to catch you smiling back at him.
" 'Cause I knew,
The first day that I met you,
I was never gonna let you,
Let you slip away." Memories of the day you met flash before your eyes at Ethan's words, the way he couldnt take his eyes off of you as soon as you walked up to him at the signing, how he found a way to sneak his phone number to you because he couldnt risk losing contact with you, and that risk was greater than the risk of his number being shared over the internet.
"And I,
Still remember feeling nervous,
Trying to find the words to
Get you here today." Your smile spreads into a grin as you remember how nervous Ethan was when he first asked you out on a date. When he asked you to be his girlfriend he was more comfortable around you, and knew he could goof  up his words without it being awkward, but when he asked you out on that first date, he was so nervous that his hands were shaking at his sides, it was absolutely adorable.
"You make my heart feel like it's summer,
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong.
That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one." Tears prick your eyes at his words, and you can feel the pieces of your broken heart pulling back together inside your chest.
"Life,
It's easy to be scared of.
With you I am prepared for
What is yet to come." With a sudden surge of confidence, Ethan locks eyes with you, and in that moment you can tell that he's trying to tell you not to be scared of hurting him, the same way he's trying not to be scared of doing the same thing to you.
" 'Cause our two
Hearts will make it easy,
Joining up the pieces,
Together making one." Ethan tears his gaze from you, and you can see him physically struggling to look away from you.
"You make my heart feel like it's summer,
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong.
That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one." He's shooting glances at you every few seconds, and when he sees the tears in your eyes, his expression turns to one of worry, and he stops trying to look away from you.
"When we are together you make me feel like my mind is free and my dreams are reachable, whoa." You cant help but blush his words, the power behind his vocals almost making you feel light headed.
"You know I never ever believed in love, I believed one day that you would come along and free me." Ethan pauses his ukulele playing for a moment to hit an impressive high note, and in response, your body erupts in goosebumps.
"You make my heart feel like it's summer,
When the rain is pouring down.
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong." With a bright smile on your face, the tears break free, and start cascading down your cheeks.
"That's how I know you are the one.
That's why I know you are the one." As Ethan continues singing, you place your hand on his cheek gently, and as soon as you touch him, tears slip down his face, and you're quick to brush them away with your thumbs.
"That's why I know you are the one.
That's how I know you are the one." He stops playing his ukulele and places it down on the bed next to him, his soft voice trailing off with the end of the song, both of you crying for the second time since you came home.
"I know that I fucked up, I could've been more vocal and talked about the things that were bothering me. I shouldnt have kept that to myself, I know that now, and I cannot tell you h-how fucking sorry I am, because you mean everything to me, and I-" Ethan rambles, tumbling over his words, but you cut him off by leaning forward and kissing him softly.
As you slowly pull away from him, Ethan's eyes gradually open, and you see him looking at you with such an intense adoration that you cant quite believe he's looking at you, when suddenly he lifts you up onto his lap and pulls you into a passionate kiss. You run your fingers through his hair as he wraps his arms around your waist. Pulling away breathlessly, you rest your forehead against his, and Ethan leans up to peck your lips repeatedly.
"(Y/N), baby, you're the one." He whispers, so much weight in such soft spoken words that your heart skips a beat.
You grin at him and gently kiss his lips in return "And you're the love of my life."
Ethan reflects your smile back at you, and your chest aches at how handsome he is.
He bites his lip "God, you're so fucking beautiful."
You giggle at him and blush a violent shade of red "And you, sir, are the most handsome man I've ever been lucky enough to lay eyes on."
Ethan lies back on the bed, and gently pulls you down on top of him, wrapping his arms around you once you get comfortable.
"Can we stay like this forever?" He asks you, his voice still quiet.
You nod "Of course."
Ethan brings you closer to him and stares down at you quizzically "How?"
You smile up at him "The way we feel right now, it's not caused by cuddling, it's just because we're together, and I can promise you that, if you want, we can definitely stay that way forever."
Ethan beams at you and kisses your forehead "There's nothing I'll ever want more than you."
You raise an eyebrow "Not even pizza?"
He laughs slightly "Not even pizza!"
Your jaw drops "Holy fucking shit."
Ethan winks at you "See, I told you, you're the one, and that means I officially love you more than pizza."
You laugh slightly "I wasnt aware that's what that meant, but Im very much ok with that."
Ethan chuckles and nods "Good."