Part 13

Hi, hope all is good :)

-------

Everyone continued to stare at me as I began to elegantly descend down the velvet staircase. I made sure I planted one hand on the railing for support and the other was gripped around my dress so I wouldn't fall. My left leg was exposed to the mid thigh when I stepped, I could feel the dress parting at the slit. But not once did I look down, instead I maintained a graceful and pearly smile that dazzled the audience aka the alphas and betas. 

When I reached the main floor, everyone seemed to tower over me. The girls were naturally tall, but their heels elevated their hight even more. And the boys, I think the shortest man in the room was 5'11. Me, being a petite lady was completely overwhelmed with the people around me. The room was still dead silent, and I didn't know what to do next besides look at the people who surrounded me. 

It remained like this for about a minute before a man nodded at my presence, accepting that I was graceful enough to fit in. After he nodded the room was filled with the buzz of conversation and the gentle sway of music. Odd, I thought to myself. How can a single person control nearly everyone in the room, what they do, with just a nod of their head. Well, at least it was a positive reaction, I couldn't bear to imagine what would happen if they rejected me. 

I shook the thoughts out of my head, I needed to find a certain man who was my mate. I was a woman on a mission, and I had to maintain focus. I began to weave in and out of dancing couples and groups of people chatting, I try to follow Damien's scent, butterfly's erupt into my stomach. 

I stumbled across the bottom of my dress slightly, my heel trapped the train of the dress under it's claws. 

Shit

I tripped over myself, my back heel skid backwards and I nearly collapsed. This was my downfall, there was no way I could recover after falling flat on my face. I  coiled my arms around my chest and squeezed to shut my eyes together as I braced myself for the impact. 

I waited a second, then another, until I realized I wasn't falling anymore. I heard a deep, sultry, chuckle from above me that sent shivers up my spine. Sparks flared across my biceps and arms, a sweet scent eloped me in a toxic daze. 

"You can open your eye's now, I got you" Damien said from above me. I opened one eye slowly and realized I was wrapped in Damien's tight embrace. I opened the other eye and started to wiggle my way so I was standing upright again. A heavy blush made its way onto my cheeks as I felt Damien's heated scare admiring my every move. 

I stumbled backwards a small amount away from him. I couldn't think properly if he was that close to me, let alone touching me. When I looked up from the perfectly polished floor my eye's met Damien's dazzling green eyes. My lips parted slightly, unsure of how I should react or say.

I reversed this, thousands of times. I knew exactly what to say, how to say it, and even when to pause for dramatic effect. But as I stood in the moment, all thoughts I previously had flew out of my head. Thoughts couldn't form in my head, everything buzzed around me and all I could think of was how lovey dovey I was being in that moment. 

"You look-" Damien started, his eye's held my own but I could tell he was itching to look at my figure in the dress. His eye's portrayed a thousand words and more: Admiration, care, beauty, hope, and a little lust. "-breathtaking" He finished his sentence carefully. He was choosing his words very deliberately, he knew he was walking on thin ice in that moment. 

I looked down slightly and my blush got impossibly brighter. I couldn't form anything in my mind, I wanted to make a witty comeback that would make him stutter but I came up blank. Curse this mate bond and its effects.